Palmer McCarthy have partnered exclusively with an industry-leading Property Management business (Property Guardians) in their search for a Facilities Operations Manager to strengthen the relationship between the functions of maintenance and refurbishment to ensure that their properties can be efficiently, and cost effectively maintained.
What are they offering?
- Salary £40,000 with excellent career prospects in a new innovative market
- Hours 09.30 - 1730 (Monday - Friday)
- Entrepreneurial, supportive and fun environment: Offices in North London
- Pension, laptop, mobile, 20 days holiday + 8 Statutory Days (Bank Holidays) and flexible working
What are they asking for?
An experienced Head of Operations. Oversees departmental or company operations, ensuring all projects are completed on-time and on-budget. Communicates with clients, third-party resources, and upper management teams for most effective project completion. Main responsibilities include working with other department heads to ensure everything runs smoothly and in accordance with any guidelines.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Responsible for Facilities, Health & Safety, Operations and Security on site and surrounding properties owned by the company.
- Drive the operational delivery of our facilities management contract. Leading a team you will work with the client to deliver the Group Property Strategic plan and to ensure the buildings operate effectively across all of the designated service lines whilst creating an environment where those users feel they receive excellent customer service first time, every time.
- You will play a key role in developing the future delivery of FM services and transition by assuming leadership of the service and guiding it into its ultimate configuration and have significant experience of setting up, running and managing high profile FM contracts within large organisations.
- The role encompasses accountability for the full range of elements, including strategic space planning, landlord relations and contractor management, customer service and front office operations, facilities management and compliance.
- You will take on day to day management of the departments you are responsible for, ensuring they are performing and delivering against targets set by the Senior Management Team and in line with relevant legislation, guidance and best practice.
- To drive Operational Excellence across all service partners using developed and appropriate metrics (SLA's KPI's)
- This position plays a key leadership role in respect of customer service internally and to external users and prospects. A professional presence with all stakeholders is therefore essential.
- To ensure all service lines are meeting high levels of statutory responsibilities i.e. HR Practice, QHSE and Compliance ensuring appropriate records are in place, risks are mitigated and that are in line with relevant country legislation.
- To oversee and influence effective financial control across all budget streams.
- Working with the senior team you will be tasked with the negotiation of group facilities contracts.
- An experienced professional, in effective facilities management across multiple sites of at least 20 properties - not someone learning on the job and you will combine experience with energy and drive.
- Degree (preferred) in appropriate discipline (Facilities management, architecture, building Engineering, Surveying or Similar) or exceptionally, candidates with demonstrable substantial experience of delivering in the areas of facilities and contract management appropriate to qualification level may be considered.
- Experience at managing multi-disciplinary teams of tradesmen and external contractors to ensure a first-class maintenance service is delivered utilising the latest techniques and technology.
- Ideally be NEBOSH and /or IBOSH qualified.
- Energetic and determined, with a strong desire and focus to deliver added value and exceed client business targets.
- Requires a commercial and revenue-generation outlook.
- Strong dual skill-set both strategically and Commercially aware and be able to manage budgets to ensure the operation is cost effective.
- You will lead by example in modelling and embedding the company's values and behaviours to help build and deliver an efficient, cost-effective and client-focused FM service.
- Be highly self-motivated, responsive and results-oriented, and have excellent leadership skills with a focus on outstanding professionalism and customer service.
- Be able to work flexible hours as need arises e.g. attending on-call as needed, completing urgent work out of hours.
- Be IT Literate, ideally a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel and Outlook
Keywords: Facilities, Management, Real Estate, Vacant Properties, Maintenance, Refurbishment
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to Property Management sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.