Our client is a market leader in the provision of security and maintenance services to empty properties. (mainly via an innovative solution of protection by occupation: Property Guardians)) They are now seeking a well organised Facilities Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of the maintenance of services and processes that support the core business. You will be involved in strategic planning and day-to-day operations, liaising with suppliers + contractors in relation to buildings and premises to ensure that the properties are in the most suitable living environment for guardians. (tenants) This is a business critical role that is the backbone of the company’s service delivery.
What are they offering?
- salary to 25k+ pension
- 25 Days Holiday (hours 9.30-5.30)
- National career opportunities + On going training and development opportunities
What are they asking for?
- You must have a full driving licence with good written and verbal communication skills- with the ability quickly establish relationships at all levels. You will come from a maintenance/construction background with confidence to manage and supervise and the work of contractors;
- You can work with a sense of urgency but will be organized in approach: coordinating and planning central services such as security, maintenance, waste disposal and recycling;
Responsibilities will include:
- Building Maintenance, Health and Safety, Procurement and Contract Management;
- Security, Space Management, Utilities
- Preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors;
- Calculating/ comparing costs for goods or services to achieve maximum value for money;
- Ensuring properties meets health and safety regs and facilities comply with legislation;
- Checking work by staff /contractors completed and following up on any deficiencies;
- Coordinating and leading team to cover various areas of responsibility;
- Responding appropriately to urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
- Ensure reactive maintenance works recorded, monitored and completed in line with deadlines
- Ensure inspections of every living space are recorded, monitored and completed
- Ensure key management system is managed in line with the British Standard for Key holding
- Ensure all maintenance tickets are updated with ticket notes to ensure Guardians are kept up to date with reactive maintenance works
- Ensure all planned building fit-out work is recorded, monitored and completed via My Globe ticket system and property status module
Property Management, Supervision, Maintenance, Management, Contractors, Facilities, Health & Safety
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.