Palmer McCarthy have teamed up with one of the UK's market leading fire and security system installers to aid then in their search for an experienced "On Demand" Fire Alarm Engineer to join their busy team.
This role would be suitable for an engineer with significant fault-finding experience on a variety of fire systems as the majority of your time will be spent rectifying faults - anything from a simple device change to chasing wiring faults or major component changes and C&E changes.
The role also includes a small element of commissioning and the occasional routine maintenance visit.
What are they offering?
- Working hours 8am - 5pm
- Salary to £32k (OTE £36-39k)
- We pay from home to home (all travel time paid for)
- Company vehicle - a Renault Megan (tourer), a logo is displayed in the rear window, a tracker is also fitted. (The car can be used in personal time, mileage is declared on the engineer's expenses where we deduct 11p per mile for personal mileage)
- Pension (3% of annual salary)
6am to 8am and 5pm to 7pm standard time
Weekdays 7pm to midnight time and a half
Midnight to 6am double time
Weekends Sat 6am to midnight time and a half, all day Sunday double time
Currently 1 week in 11, 3 engineers on call (North/Mids/South), taking calls from custodian is rotated between the engineers. A standby payment of £105 (£15 per day, if callout falls on a bank holiday it's increased to £25 plus a day off in lieu).
Overtime is paid for any callouts attended at whatever overtime rate is in force at the given time.
An incentive payment of 5% parts and install on any small works leads that are converted to order that are generated by the engineer, capped at £250 payment
What are they asking for?
- The role also includes a small element of commissioning and the occasional routine maintenance visit.
- A fairly accurate breakdown on how your time will be spent is 85% fault finding, 10% commissioning, 5% routine maintenance. Common systems we use are Ziton, Advanced, GENT, Kentec. They also maintain ADT, Protec, Notifier, Morley.E
Fire and Security; Alarms, Commissioning; Fault-Finding;
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.