Due to business expansion, one of the UK's largest, Nacoss Gold Security Systems / Electrical companies based in Surrey require two, experienced, multi-disciplined fire and security service engineers to join their team, based out of either North East London or South East London, you will be tasked with looking after existing clients as well as new contracts and additional works on existing client premises.
What are they offering?
- Salary: £30 - 35k (paid door to door with no deduction for travel time)
- Standard working hours 8am - 5pm (Mon-Fri with 1 hr lunch)
- Unlimited overtime opportunities; paying standard rate weekdays to 10pm, time and a half after 10pm - midnight on weekdays and Saturdays, and double time after midnight and on Sundays and bank holidays
- Choice of Company car or van
- Auto enrolment Pension
- 20 Days paid holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by one day for every worked to a max of 25 days
- Participation in the Company out of hours callout rota - we pay £20 per night on standby and a minimum of 3hrs at time and a half if they get called out!
What are they asking for?
Engineers with knowledge of Fire, intruder and CCTV systems are required as is experience of working with a range of manufacturers. Additional skills in Access control and Door entry would be welcomed but are not essential although relevant experience such that you could hit the ground running and not require any additional training to start work is essential. You will be Customer focused and confident in your skills (and a confident communicator both verbally and written)
You must hold a valid UK drivers licence (or equivalent)
- Carry out routine servicing, testing, inspection, repairs and installation of, Fire Alarms Fire Extinguishers Intruder Alarms, Access Control, CCTV and associated equipment and products to relevant legislative and Company`s qualitative standards.
- Where required will plan and organise own work programme to ensure that it is carried out in an efficient and organised way.
- Complete all appropriate documentation and records, in a timely fashion to the required standards.
- Support the Rota schedule as required, to maintain a reliable and responsive out of hour`s service for customers.
- From time to time may be required to work outside of normal geographic Business Unit area to provide sickness, holiday and workload cover.
- Will actively attend and participate in any company-initiated training and maintain an up to date knowledge of technical aspects of role.
- Shares technical and problem-solving ability skills and knowledge with colleagues in the team.
Fire and Security; Engineer; Systems:
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.