Location: Working from Home/London- hybrid model 4 days working from home, 1 day in London at HQ or clients
An international leading name in the provision of Security + Fire Systems are seeking an experienced Fire Systems design professional to take responsibility for production of quotations/Technical Submittals/ Drawings/ Proposals/ Specifications in line with the relevant regulatory standards for the supply/installation/commissioning/maintenance of Fire Alarm and Life Safety systems both for M&E and End Users throughout the UK and overseas as and where necessary.
It is expected that you will mainly be working from home but will be required at least once a week to Attend Design meetings with Contractors and Clients within London and surrounding area.
(all design submittals are signed off by peer group)
What are they offering?
- Salary up to £45K+ company car or allowance
- Major player with strong client base + great opportunities/leading edge solutions to work on
- A true meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload
- Investment in your FIA design qualifications
What are they asking for?
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role liaising with End Users and / or M&E Contractor with an in depth knowledge of working with Fire Alarm systems and associated regulatory standards in a design, sales or engineering capacity
You will gain satisfaction from interpreting the clients detailed specifications and drawings along with strong numerical, analytical skills and a strong financial acumen. It’s a given that you with have a high attention to detail and be able to demonstrate in interview a aood level of customer service and customer liaison skills
On a more practical note you will be extremely self disciplined to manage a hybrid working from home /office schedule, live within 2 hours of London, have no more than 6 points on your licence and be able to provide a 5 Year checkable work history or evidence to support any period of unemployment, self- employment or time spent in fulltime education during that period
It would be advantageous but not necessary to have a FIA Design qualification along with knowledge of any of the following: Gent, Advanced, Hochiki, Kentec, Apollo, Morley, Vesda, Wagner, Baldwin Boxal, Scope, Deaf Alerter, EMS Wireless systems, Vimpex, PATOL and C Tec
- Design responsibility and the production of Fire System designs /quotations ranging from £5,000 to £5,000,000 in value as required by the Sales team
- Ensuring all quotations are compliant with the relevant standards & regulations currently in force at the time (e.g. NSI, FIA, CDM etc.)
- Taking design responsibility and ensuring that the designs produced achieve the objectives required by the customer and the specification
- Issuing FIA design certificates upon completion of a project
- Ensuring that all designs & proposals produced are accurately costed and priced to achieve the agreed company margins and any necessary management approvals & sign offs are obtained
- Carrying out peer review of other designers work to ensure an error free environment and that quality and consistency is kept high across the team
- Supporting Sales and Operations in the field when necessary on during pre-sales or post-sale design meetings or site surveys
Key Search Terms: Fire Design Alarm Suppression FIA
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please feel free to contact Alan Corcoran directly rather than applying again.
- 1 Have you worked for less than three companies in the last (pre covid) five years?
- Do you have previous Fire Systems design experience?
- Will you be able to pass a 5 year work/unemployment check?
- International growing business- massive career opportunities
- Working from home up to 4 days a week
- Training given to gain FIA Design qualifications