Palmer McCarthy have teamed up with one of the UK's leading experts in the field of Security to assist them in their search for a Group Finance Manager to join their London based team. Working mainly in the commercial sector, they also have a broad portfolio of customers ranging from corporate offices and embassies to the self-storage sector and golf clubs.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £42k
- Bonus Scheme
- Medical & Life Insurance
- 40 hours per week Mon - Fri
What are they asking for?
Reporting to the Director and Chief Operating Officer, the successful Group Finance Manager will provide senior-level financial and commercial support to the Groups various Boards. You will be expected to manage day to day activities of the finance assistants to provide technically sound financial and management information that will inform operational decisions across the group.
You will be an excellent communicator at all levels and will possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve issues, competent at analysing statistics to impact on strategy. The ability to liaise with both internal and external colleagues is essential as is a proficiency in Sage and Excel and you MUST be able to pass a security vetting check.
Responsibilities will include;
- Manages the month-end process
- Manage finance staff across the Group
- Preparation and development of commercial financial analysis, to support the wider business
- Tax and VAT; constantly developing tax and VAT policies to ensure the organisation is as efficient as possible
- Ensure all journal entries are prepared correctly, posted and approved i.e. payroll, accruals, prepayments, accrued revenue, deferred income
- Review P&L & balance sheet to ensure accuracy of submitted figures
- Liaise with Finance Director to compile detailed revenue forecasts
- Proactively analyse trends in revenue to provide narrative updates
- Supports and produces the relevant budgetary information
- Provides analysis monthly to Chief Operating Officer to include revenue trends and profitability
- Identifies potential risks within the business and provides necessary solutions to mitigate the risks
- Provides insight and analysis to drive efficiencies and identify value enhancing opportunities
- Process purchase invoices and raise sales invoices using SAGE 50 Accounts
- Credit Card reconciliation including processing transactions for companies within the Group
- Set up new projects on SAGE 50 Accounts, including budgets, and update as required
- Process purchase ledger invoices and sales invoices for companie within the Group
- Attend weekly PTI operations and work in progress meetings
- Monthly valuations of works in progress for across the Group
Finance Manager; SAGE; Manager; Purchase Ledger; VAT; P&L; TAX
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.