Our client, a leading FM provider, is looking for a Head of Bid Management to join their busy team in London. This position leads a team of 3-4 bid managers and is responsible for overseeing the national pipeline, weekly tracking and reporting on pipeline activity, and serving as a key liaison with sales leadership. This position calls for a passionate, collaborative professional with a positive outlook, excellent communication, writing, editing, and project management skills.
Home + office based: up to 3 days working from home (if required) 2 in office
What are they offering?
- Salary to £68K + + Pension + Health benefits + bonus.
- 25 days holiday
- Flexi working from home
- great career prospects
- supportive and experience senior team
What are they asking for?
It’s a given: you are an experienced bid professional. You might already be a Head of Bids looking for a bigger opportunity or potentially a senior bid writer or bid manger looking for that step up.
You will be a natural multitasker whilst creating high-end results + demonstrate in interview the experience (or the potential) to manage a small team of creative bid writers and designers.
You will be proud of your stable career history along with your excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts simply and effectively.
Detail-oriented is a must along with strong organizational skills and effective time management and of course the obligatory proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive) and at exposure to Adobe.
- Manage a team of 3-4 bid managers; assign projects, provide oversight and quality control for all deliverables, and manage skill development of all team members
- Strategically manage the active pipeline and delegate new business pursuits effectively to
- Partner with team and leadership to ensure career planning and career growth opportunities exist to enable team member specific growth plans
- Ensure the clarity, compliance, and integrity of all proposal documents; this role serves as a key liaison coordinating all internal work streams to finalise proposal responses including tracking and reviewing all proposal content with cross-functional business teams
- Oversee entire proposal and presentation development process ensuring that every member of the pursuit team, including sales leads, operational subject matter experts, pricing, solution team members, and graphic designers know what is expected and when tasks are due
- Develop strategic messaging, win themes, strategies and creative design approaches
- Identify all graphic design needs and engage appropriate design resources
- Manage the preparation of other deliverables related to the new business opportunity such as presentations and follow-up requests
- Attend in-person prep sessions as needed/requested by sales leads and pursuit teams
- introduce process improvements and best practices related to business development and bid management; champion efforts to ensure all deliverables are aligned with the firm’s brand
Key Search Terms: Construction Bid Manager Head of Bid Proposals Manager Head of Proposals
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again
- 1 Have you worked for less than three companies in the last (pre covid) five years?
- Can you point to a successful career in Bid Management including working on £1m+ opportunities?
- growing business- massive opportunities + career opportunities
- supportive and strong management team.