Hybrid flexible: Up to 3 days at home with an average of 2 days a week in London or Slough office.
A quality driven national provider of Facilities Management is seeking an experienced bid manager to lead a team of Bid Writers and manage and co-ordinate all aspects of the bid process ensuring that high quality, competitive proposals are delivered.
A predominantly home-based role, this exciting opportunity is to join a rapidly growing team within a swiftly expanding organization offering great opportunities for future career advancement.
You do not need industry knowledge (however knowledge of the outsourced or service sector would be advantageous) - more important is the ability to manage the bid process whilst managing a small team. This is a company that are heavily investing in its bids and tenders’ function and are developing a team that are delivering state of the art bid solutions in a fun and driven environment.
Your team’s objective is to provide support to the Sales Director + Business Development team by creating quality documents and presentations and meeting strict deadlines.
What are they offering?
- Salary up to £60K + bonus
- An opportunity to be master of your destiny - with input on bid strategy and development
- Major player with strong client base to leverage opportunities from
- Growing ambitious group creating numerous career opportunities
- Benefits package including private health care, life assurance and pension
- A company investing in its people
What are they asking for?
This role will suit a bid professional with experience of leading small teams or a bid manager looking to step up to a team leading role.
You will have proven bid management experience within both public and private sectors with a keen eye for detail. The ideal candidate will contribute by bringing bid structure and organisation and will enjoy working amongst a friendly and supportive team of professionals.
You will have previous experience of managing bids from end to end along with effective communication skills and be able to demonstrate an ability to communicate and creatively display core company values whilst responding comprehensively to tender parameters.
Also advantageous would be a Shipley or APMP training alongside facilities management knowledge (but not a necessity).
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with your Bid Writers to produce exciting, engaging and meaningful bids.
- Own the bid process: Lead the wider bid team to ensure adherence to bid timeline and governance, be liaison for all bid queries, record and save all bid information accurately.
- Research the customer and its context, collaborate with sales and influence win strategy ensuring it is consistent throughout bid submission and subsequent presentations.
- Build bid responses: Interview internal stakeholders and creatively write bid response concisely, linking win strategies with strengths and client needs.
- Leading a team of Bid Writers and Co-ordinators to ensure the deliverance of bespoke bids and presentations on time, editing all content received from the business.
- Maintaining and enhancing a comprehensive bid library providing easy access to high quality subject matter and reference file of past submissions.
Key Search Terms: Bid Manager Tender Proposals RFI PQQ Management