Our client, a leading supplier of Physical and Electronic Security Services and Facilities Management services across the public and private sector is seeking an experienced 'Head of Bids' to manage the end-to-end production of highly credible tender proposals that successfully convert business opportunities into profitable contracts across a wide range of services.
The scope of the role is broad and encompasses the full project management of tender/proposal production, and the leadership of the associated tender teams. It includes development of tender strategies, authoring bespoke written content, and pricing, evaluation of commercial terms and conditions, and overall management of the offer.
What are they offering?
- Basic Salary up to £75,000 + Performance Bonus (Individual and Team)
- Comprehensive Benefits package including private healthcare, life assurance and pension
- Growing + ambitious company/group: creating numerous career opportunities
What are they asking for?
- Previous experience of Managing a Bid Team, including recruitment and managing the development of personnel
- Previous Bid Management experience within Security or Facilities Management sector
- Tender / bid experience with capability to co-ordinate + manage the tender process
- Quality focused with previous experience of writing compelling tender submissions. Articulate with strong writing skills and a good standard of English, with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent numeracy with ability to use and develop bespoke pricing models
- Experience in the evaluation of customer's terms and conditions of contract. Identify of undesirable clauses and quantifying the associated business risks
- Ability to collect assimilate and correctly interpret complex information from different source
Responsibilities will include;
- Leading a team of bid professionals and working with a range of departments to design proposals for new work and to grow existing business, as well as managing strategic projects. Working across security, construction logistics, aviation and wider business services, the team designs creative proposals and project plans based on intelligent, bespoke solutions for current and prospective clients.
(The team operates as a group-wide bid unit across a number of individual and integrated service lines, contributing to the continued, sustainable growth and success of the company).
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Leading and motivating a team of bid professionals and monitoring output to ensure that it is commercially viable and compelling
- Designing creative and intelligent proposals, working with subject matter experts and design specialists
- Managing bid governance and setting strategic direction
- Meeting sales targets and winning new work across new industries and target markets, as well as existing contracts
- Managing complex and strategic bids from pre-planning until mobilisation
- Managing major projects (bid and wider business projects) on time and on budget, through recognised project management methodologies
- You will be required to attend client sites, get involved with presentations and work alongside sales and operations.
Keywords: Bid Writing Security ITT RFI RFP OJEU Tenders Pre-qualifications Presentations
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy