A leading provider of innovative electronic, physical and procedural security systems, which can be used in isolation or integrated to provide comprehensive security solutions are seeking a Head of Electronic Security Systems
- Responsible for the leadership of their Electronic Security Systems division and the profitable growth of this division and their NSI Gold Standard Alarm Response and Command Centre, via business development.
- Manage relationships with new and existing clients to ensure sustainable and profitable growth of the business
- Manage the engineering and administration team for the installation / commissioning and service support of high technology security solutions for their growing customer base.
KEY TASK AREAS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review, refine and develop the Electronic Security Systems service proposition with the executive board.
- Identify, evaluate and pursue business opportunities to optimise potential for Electronic Security Systems solutions (Installation, maintenance and monitoring) in key markets.
- Build strong sustainable relationships with existing customers to ensure continued growth and contract retention
- Build a sustainable evolving relationship for the Electronic Security Systems solutions with other operating divisions within the business to identify synergies, support their operations and grow new business opportunities across the business.
- Drive commercial and operational performance of the Electronic Security Systems business
- Create short, medium and long-term business plans, implement them and monitor success, amending plans where necessary
- Ensure the team has clearly defined and embed processes and systems to deliver the operational excellence
WHAT ARE THEY OFFERING?
- £75,000 + Commission (1st year OTE. £90-£100K)
- Car / Allowance
- Additional Benefits to be discussed upon offer
- Leadership - sees the bigger picture/interpret strategy, leads by example, motivates others, makes decisions, initiates action, takes responsibility
- Creativity - seeing new ways existing opportunities could be developed or finding completely new routes to market and creative thinking to ensure business growth.
- Goal Focus - Setting growth goals and then meeting targets, demonstrating an ability to pursue a long-term strategic vision whilst remaining flexible enough to respond tactically to changing demands or unexpected opportunities
- Communication and influencing - establishes communication channels, actively listens, clarifies, gives/seeks feedback, clear and concise, persuasive/negotiates with others
- People management - fosters team/individual performance, achieves results, sets targets and reviews against them, leads, motivates and empowers others, deals with issues, coaches and encourages others
- Organisational skills - plans well in advance, sets clear objectives, manages time/delegates, reviews progress against plan, ensures sufficient resources, encourages improvements
- Commercial and Financial awareness - effective financial management, maximises use of resources, identifies and delivers business growth opportunities
- Results orientation - satisfies internal/external customers, effective performance management, addresses cross functional issues and technical issues, knowledge of systems and processes
- Interpersonal skills - builds positive relationships, demonstrates emotionally stability, confident in own ability, approachable to all staff, shows respect and tolerance
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrable experience of growing sustainable Electronic Security Systems businesses through organic growth and new business opportunities
- Proven track record of managing Electronic Security Systems service contracts on a regional or national basis
- Proven history of ensuring that contracts are fully compliant with required service standards and specifications, meeting and exceeding budgets, Key Performance Indicators and other targets
- Experience of mobilisation of new contract awards and managing sizeable installation projects
- Experience in financial forecasting, budgeting and analysis is required.
- Demonstrative experience of making positive changes to all aspects of operational delivery through provision of management information, reports, analysis and making data-based recommendations.
- Capable of translating strategic intent into immediate successful delivery
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of an organisation, delivered through a client facing role.
- Strong business operational and commercial contract focus, driving value for money and quality improvements