2542 Job Title: Head of Operations : Alarm Receiving Centre Bristol
Our client is an international provider of security services (CCTV, systems + manned guarding) and are only steps away from achieving NSI Gold Status for their ARC based in Bristol
This investment and accreditation is a crucial investment as the company has grown exponentially recently in the UK and is about to embark on a range of Critical National Infrastructure projects, that this role will be supporting.
They are seeking an experienced Manager to take over the management of their newly accredited Approved Alarm Receiving Centre whose main role will focus on guiding teams through a period of onboarding major clients and change. The successful candidate will be used to leading teams + will have solid commercial experience that could have been gained from a wide number of roles and working environments previously.
The control room operates on a 24/7 hour basis. However this role will be mainly Monday-Friday
What are they offering?
- Salary to £55K with excellent career prospects in a growing business
- Entrepreneurial, supportive + fun environment:
- pension, laptop, mobile, 25 days holiday
What are they asking for?
- CCTV/ Control Room experience desirable but not essential- however a background in commercial security operations management and an understanding of the functions of an ARC are necessary.
- A proven track record in team management ; helping teams to improve their performance
- Experience with IT systems and communicating with a wide range of stakeholders
- Attention to detail and methodical approach to work is essential along with a sense of urgency and a real desire to make a difference.
- An articulate manager who will take ownership of projects, issues and challenges: An ability to act calmly and make decisions in difficult / crisis situations
- Working with both the companies own staff as well as external clients. You will have experience of managing staff including rostering as well as preparing reports and dealing with clients
- We are looking for a responsible individual who will carry out operational procedures, best practice both internally and when dealing with customers and the improvement of client services.
- This role is suitable for a person who is looking to develop their career and who possess the ability to work on their own initiative whilst adhering to company procedures
- You will be able to identify issues such as activations not being responded to and be able to put in place corrective actions.
- You could be an experienced ARC/ Control Room/Security Manager or someone working at a supervisory level who is ready for the step up.
- Desirable would be Commercial product and/or service development experience in an Alarm Receiving Centre role (Preferred) and any CPNI experience
- To provide a professional and exceptional service to the ARC customers through innovative and proactive behaviour and defining best practice
- To manage the ARC operation in an efficient proactive / reactive manner, ensuring that all work is undertaken in compliance with the operating procedures, current legislation and the codes of practice.
- Team Management of a 24/7 operation: the team is circa 15 but there is a remit to grow.
- Maintaining industry accreditations including NSI Gold Standard and ISO9001:2015
- To effectively manage all systems to the clients agreed SLA’s
- Manage and drive projects from inception, early stage, or in progress to completion.
- Manage the performance of an Alarm Receiving Centre (Control Centre).
- Handle new client accounts and bring up to operational speed within the ARC.
- Lead in developing and/or executing projects for financial improvement.
- Devise and deliver ways of working around current organisational challenges and issues.
- Successfully partner with key internal and external stakeholders to enable success of the project.
- Influence and help change behaviours of commercial, financial and operational teams to new ways of working and systems to maximise the value of products and services.
- Manage staff training and development.
Key Search Terms:
ARC Control Room Manager, Security, Rostering, Activations, Scheduling, Officers, CCTV
Palmer McCarthy Solutions Ltd is acting as a Recruitment Agency for their client on this role.