Our client is a market leader in the provision of facilities + property management, out of hours response and lone worker services. They are now seeking a Head of Operations for their contact centre based in Birkenhead, to lead and manage a specialist out of hours and national accounts shared services response team. This includes customer service, effective operational delivery, people management, scheduling and planning.
The business unit provides a range of internal and external services including void property alarm monitoring, lone worker protection, fixed system (e.g., CCTV) monitoring, customer contact centre and data analytics.
Key areas for delivery and success will be improving customer service, staff retention, operational efficiencies and greater utilisation of technology.
What are they offering?
- Competitive salary to £50K + annual bonus
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Pension, Life assurance, Private Healthcare
- Realistic + extensive career opps- this is a company where people are developed and stay
- Flexible approach re the structure of a working week
What are they asking for?
If you have experience in managing customer services and operations within a contact centre or call centre and have the ability to use data to make decisions and improve performance whilst working towards and surpassing service level agreements, please read on.
At interview you will be able to demonstrate examples of change management and process re-engineering. You will be a confident communicator and leader who is people focused but with the drive and desire to be pragmatic and get things done.
You will know how to establish consistent best practice methodology, drafting SOPs and implementing daily routines for call centre handlers and managers to adopt. Additionally, you will the potential for technology to drive improved processes.
Desirable but not essential
- Experience of the planning and deployment of a mobile workforce.
- Experience of ARCs and/or security industry desirable,
- Experience of managing response centre and out of hours
- Facilities Management or property services industry experience
- An understanding of Housing Associations and the services they provide.
- Ownership of the response centre customer service and delivery. Ensuring the customer experience is improved by understanding their needs and responding in a pro-active way.
- Day to day line management of Response Centre & National Accounts shared service desk team
- Establishing improved reporting processes (internal and external) and automating
- Establishing consistent best practice methodology, drafting the required SOPs and implementing daily routines for call handlers and managers to adopt.
- Ensuring cost control management and improving the value derived from the resources deployed
- Re-engineering processes and procedures to ensure that a consistent level of quality and efficiency is adopted across all call handling activities.
- Establishing daily, weekly and monthly reporting tools that ensure best practice is being adopted.
- Implementing pro-active recruitment and retention strategies to ensure that staffing levels are always at optimum levels and motivation across all employees is high.
- Liaising with stakeholders as necessary – e.g., customers, suppliers, auditors.
Key words response centre contact centre Security Operations, Facilities Management, call centre
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, FM + Property markets and acts as an agency for their client on this vacancy.