Our client is the leading supplier of corporate + venue security across the UK. Following a recent contract win they are seeking a Security Manager for a destination client in the heart of London
You will be responsible for the overall management and control of the security operation ensuring the end clients security requirements are met and fulfilled to a high standard and the management of the Security Team and procedures ensuring the retention of the contract.
What are they asking for?
We are seeking an experienced security management professional who has Security/Risk Management qualifications or membership of a relevant professional body?
You will have a 5-year checkable work / education history (the more straightforward this is the better) and will be able to demonstrate a strong customer focus with a positive and proactive approach.
At interview you will be able to discuss your experience of implementing security strategy: crisis management, incident management plans etc. and demonstrate an ability to influence and engage senior stakeholders
A thorough understanding of the security issues facing major venues in London is essential + experience of any of the following desirable: Evacuations, Hostile Reconnaissance, Lock Downs.
Any existing networks within the local services will also be advantageous and regular attendance at networking events such as Institute or COL CPA events will be something you already do
What are they offering?
£55K salary (40 hour week)
Excellent career possibilities
Chance to work with a destination client
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the day to day operational management of security officers, supervisors and a team of receptionists.
- Implementation of customer service excellence within the security team
- Conduct and monitor staff appraisals and encourage further development
- Event security management
- Staff training and development
- Incident management and response
- Safeguarding of various assets to include people, buildings and information
- Strategic planning of the security function
- Oversee the delivery of control room services
- Cross functional working with the Property and Facilities teams.
- Undertake risk assessments
- Liaise with emergency services when required
- Management of control room services
Management of 3rd party suppliers
Key Search Terms:
Service Risk Management Assessment Incident Management Lockdown Hostile Reconnaissance Building Security
Palmer McCarthy Solutions Ltd is acting as a Recruitment Agency for their client on this role. As specialists in the Security, Property + Sales sectors we are always interested in talking to Manned Guarding + Security Systems Operations Managers/Directors, Sales + Business Development professionals, Corporate Security Officers and those that work in support functions within our client base.