A leading provider of security services is seeking an experienced Security Manager to initially take over the management of 2 busy control rooms that provide both physical and electronic security services across the UK. (but mainly the NE) These control rooms operate on a 24 hour basis. The successful candidate would then be responsible for developing a Support Services function for the group as a whole
The Head of Support Services will report directly to the CEO who will provide general guidance and support to enable the successful candidate to become a key member of staff and a proactive member of the Groups Executive Management Team. The role is responsible for providing an efficient and integrated Control Room and support service for the business. The Control Room functions include CCTV monitoring, Man guarding tasking, Lone worker monitoring and Mobile Service call handling
What are they offering?
- Salary to £45K with excellent career prospects in a growing business
- Entrepreneurial, supportive + fun environment:
- pension, laptop, mobile, 24 days holiday
What are they asking for?
Working with both the companies own staff as well as external clients. You will have experience of managing a security control room.
We are looking for a responsible individual who will carry out operational procedures, best practice both internally and when dealing with customers and the improvement of client services.
You must be flexible and be able to work hours as required for the business. This role is suitable for a person who is looking to develop their career and who possess the ability to work on their own initiative whilst adhering to company procedures.
You will be able to identify issues such as activations not being responded to and be able to put in place corrective actions.
Holds a current valid SIA license
The ability to lead a team is paramount: to implement change, put in place processes/standards and gain buy into leadership.
- during an initial period of up to six months a significant amount of your time will be required to focus on improving functionality and service delivery of both Control Rooms However, the role will diversify following this initial period and we require the Support Services Director to work closely with other service directors on major projects
- Provide technical advice and operational guidance on innovative approaches to enable the group to add new revenue streams into the Control Room, the main source of new revenue being from intruder and other alarm requirements which are currently outsourced to other ARCs. The current facility is classed as an RVRC and assistance with a smooth transition in terms of compliance requirements will be provided from our external consultants.
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify the need, determine cost and plan all Operational Control Room support services, including human resources, budgetary control and administrative services.
- Assist the Executive Team in setting goals, targets and performance standards for various business segments and recommend tools for monitoring, evaluation and auditing
- Monitor and supervise all aspects of Control Room personnel to ensure compliance with corporate strategies/procedures, company rules, policies, and standards of accountability and achievement of results/goals.
- Monitor support services to ensure optimum client service and satisfaction, including liaising with appropriate Directors of the business which comprise of Finance, TSS, Manned Security, Systems, Mobile and Engineering.
- Act as focal point for any internal/external audit exercise for the Control Rooms.
- Provide input into and join meetings both onsite/offsite for project engagement, national and local monitoring agreements including assisting with contract negotiations.
- Provide KPIs, targets and performance standards for the Control Rooms
- Monitor Timegate to ensure the software is used to its full potential which includes all aspects of Rostering, interfacing with financial software and general HR functionality of the relevant module.
- Constantly monitor and analyse the operating environment to identify potential risks and take action/refer critical issues for intervention to ensure delivery of results.
- Closely liaise with the Engineering Team in order to troubleshoot any minimise faults and false alarms and other issues that might cause interruption in the delivery of professional monitoring services.
- Prepare the Control Room financial plan and manage the budget process/cycle to ensure that the budget is met. Any adverse variances should be investigated and reported on for both historic and future periods.
- Monitor, track and control expenditure to ensure optimum and appropriate use of resources.
- Plan personnel required for both Control Rooms to ensure staffing levels are fully covered as both facilities are 24/7 for 365 days of the year.
- Oversee all Control Room human resource services/processes including recruitment, salary administration, performance review, training and development, ensuring compliance with human resource rules, regulations, procedures and standards of performance and ensuring that suitably qualified staff are deployed.
- To ensure the efficient and correct system use by staff and that all adhere to compliance standards
Control Room Manager, Security, Rostering, Activations, Scheduling, Officers, Manned Guarding
Palmer McCarthy Solutions Ltd is acting as a Recruitment Agency for their client on this role.