Our client is one of the leading national providers of Security Services including personnel and systems who have experienced exponential growth in the last year. They are now looking for an experienced HSQE. (Health Safety Quality Environment) professional to take over responsibility for managing the company’s health, safety, environment and quality management systems and accreditations. A very friendly team and supportive board.
They have built their success around standards + accreditations so this role is central to further success. You will promote best practice to ensure related Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental policy is implemented and adhered to, to give guidance and make information available to all.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £40K
- Ongoing career enhancement and immediate development (company about to embark on high profile critical infrastructure projects)
- Comprehensive benefits package (all travel expenses paid)
What are they asking for?
You will be based a commutable distance from Gateshead. Your CV will point to a solid career in HSQE and a NEBOSH qualification. (hopefully diploma).
You will pride yourself on your professionalism and ethical standards. You will be able to build strong working relationships + will be comfortable saying "no" when necessary. Your eye for detail will be enhanced by your analytical ability to "see" the complexities of procedures and regulations whilst also having a commercial awareness with the ability to embrace and drive change.
Railway or Gas industry experience would be advantageous. Any knowledge of the ACS (Approved Contractor Scheme), ISO9001, ISO45001 & ISO14001 and GDPR would be beneficial. Any knowledge of the following would also help but not a requirement: Achilles, Construction Line, CHAS,
- Managing the companies HSEQ Systems
- Ensuring compliance with relevant standards and legislation
- Auditing management systems and reporting on non-conformances
- Liaise with external consultants for Quality and H&S
- Managing the Company’s accreditations
- Preparing Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Safe Systems of Work
- Monthly internal H&S Audits and periodic H&S Committee meetings
- Preparing monthly Board Report
- Assisting with Bids + Tenders (input from a Quality perspective)
- Tracking and analysing accident trends and improving performance
- Ensuring compliance to industry standards and legislation through internal audit process and conducting investigations into breaches
- Creating a continuous improvement culture. Identify + develop value added ideas by sharing and implementing 'Best Practice' and challenging/improving Company processes
- Planning practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, of promoting HSQE 'safe' and operational working practices.
- Supporting/advising and working closely with managers and operators to try to eliminate conflict between service and safety considerations.
- Carrying out accident / incident investigations as and when required.
- Managing and liaising with consultants and officials from the regulatory authorities to ensure the organisation is compliant with statutory regulations.
Key Search Words: Quality Compliance Security Approved Contractor Scheme SIA Auditing British Standards HSQE HQSE EQHS
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please feel free to contact Alan Corcoran directly rather than applying again.