Health Safety Quality & Environment: HSQE Advisor (South)
Looking after client sites across the South- based out of office in Luton.
Our client is one of the leading national providers of Security + FM. They are now looking for an experienced HSQE professional to join a HSQE national team to be responsible for promoting best practice to ensure related Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental policy is implemented and adhered to, to give guidance and make information available to all.
You will be visiting client sites all over the South and South East. You will also be expected to commute to your hub office in Luton on a regular basis.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £37K and Car/allowance + Fuel card (mobile and phone etc)
- Ongoing career enhancement and development
- Comprehensive benefits package (all travel expenses paid)
What are they asking for?
- A solid career in HSQE
- NEBOSH Certificate holder
- Service industry experience
- You will pride yourself on your professionalism and ethical standards. You will be able to build strong working relationships + will be comfortable saying "no" when necessary.
- Your eye for detail will be enhanced by your analytical ability to "see" the complexities of procedures and regulations whilst also having a commercial awareness with the ability to embrace and drive change.
- Clean Drivers Licence
- One of the main contracts is based in a Railway environment so some Rail experience wold be advantageous. As part of the interview process you will need to pass a Network Rail medical and drugs & alcohol test and as part of your training undertake a Personal Track Safety (PTS) course
- Tracking and analysing accident trends and improving performance
- carry-out HSQE audits to an agreed schedule, ensuring compliance to industry standards and legislation through internal audit process and conducting investigations into breaches
- Creating a continuous improvement culture. Identify and develop value added ideas by sharing and implementing 'Best Practice' and challenging/improving Company processes within the business
- To update / review Risk Assessments and Method statements
- Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced
- Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards.
- Carrying out regular site inspections/audits to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented and adhered to
- Planning practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, of promoting HSQE 'safe' and operational working practices.
- Supporting/advising and working closely with managers and operators to try to eliminate conflict between service and safety considerations.
- Carrying out accident / incident investigations as and when required. Keeping up to date with new legislation.
- Liaising with officials from the regulatory authorities to ensure the organisation is compliant with statutory regulations.
- Managing and administering the COSHH database.
- Liaising with customers and other Health & Safety/HSQE Advisors and HSQE Management.
Key Search Words: Quality Compliance Security Approved Contractor Scheme SIA Auditing British Standards