This role could be based out of Liverpool, Manchester or Leeds: working a patch across the North West + Yorks
Our client is one of the leading national providers of Security + FM. Due to a retirement they are looking for an experienced HSQE professional. Joining a HSQE national team you will be responsible for promoting best practice to ensure related Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental policy is implemented and adhered to, to give guidance and make information available to all. The training element will involve having the ability to deliver Highfield accredited training mainly in the field of H&S related subjects. (you will receive full training in order to deliver)
You must experienced in providing HSQE services to multi sites.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £38K and Car/allowance + Fuel card (mobile and phone etc)
- Ongoing career enhancement and immediate development
- Comprehensive benefits package (all travel expenses paid)
- 25 days holiday
What are they asking for?
You will be based a commutable distance from Liverpool, Manchester or Leeds but be happy travelling across the North West + Yorks region. Your CV will point to a solid career in HSQE and a NEBOSH Certificate. Service industry experience is required and you will pride yourself on your professionalism and ethical standards. You will be able to build strong working relationships + will be comfortable saying "no" when necessary. Your eye for detail will be enhanced by your analytical ability to "see" the complexities of procedures and regulations whilst also having a commercial awareness with the ability to embrace and drive change.
- Due to a main contract some Rail experience wold be advantageous. As part of the process you will need to pass a Network Rail medical and drugs & alcohol test and as part of your training undertake a Personal Track Safety (PTS) course as
- Tracking and analysing accident trends and improving performance
- carry-out HSQE audits to an agreed schedule Ensuring compliance to industry standards and legislation through internal audit process and conducting investigations into breaches
- Creating a continuous improvement culture. Identify and develop value added ideas by sharing and implementing 'Best Practice' and challenging/improving Company processes within the business
- To update / review Risk Assessments and Method statements
- Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced
- Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards.
- Carrying out regular site inspections/audits to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented and adhered to
- Planning practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, of promoting HSQE 'safe' and operational working practices.
- Supporting/advising and working closely with managers and operators to try to eliminate conflict between service and safety considerations.
- Carrying out accident / incident investigations as and when required. ·
- Liaising with officials from the regulatory authorities to ensure the organisation is compliant with statutory regulations.
- Managing and administering the COSHH database.
- Liaising with customers and other Health & Safety/HSQE Advisors and HSQE Management.
QSHE, SHQE, HSQE,