Security Supervisor wanted to work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern (Nights Only) for a world renowned brand / organisation in London to ensure the security and the smooth running of the main premises and external sites through the correct procedures and policies.
Objective: Successfully lead and manage a team of security guards.
What are the offering?
- Salary of £40,000 pa
- up to 2 additional days p.w of o/t paid at 10.30 ph (11 hours per day)
- Free Parking
- Health Care
- Discounts on Services and with Sponsor's
- Ensure the safety and security of all employees, contractors etc and valuable materials pertaining to the premises.
- Efficiently supervise and manage shift guards and ensure that all procedures and policies are followed
- Ensure that stadium security is upheld to the highest standard
- Efficiently investigate incidents on CCTV system
- Key Management
- Effectively control access to the premises and car park for staff, visitors and contractors
- Ensure all records are maintained correctly
- Effectively liaise with other members of staff across the organisation as well as contractors regarding visitors and security issues
- Ensure staffing levels are maintained for each shift and amend the position rota where required
- Report maintenance requirements to Management in a timely manner
- Ensure that incident records are filled out correctly and the reporting procedure is followed
- Successfully assist with emergency evacuations
- To effectively train all security guards on their duties /tasks where appropriate to ensure they understand what is expected of them
- To carry out crisis management in the event of an incident, including escalation procedures.
- Maintaining safety and security through the operation of the integrated security systems, including access control, CCTV and fire alarm systems.
- Liaise with external authorities including the police.
- Providing immediate response in the event of any major / minor incidents, ranging from responding to First Aid incidents, fire alarm activation / evacuations and crisis response.
- Personnel development and performance appraisal of officers as directed by the Security Manager
- Leading by example to maximise productivity and set standards of time keeping and productivity.
- Be totally accountable for all eventualities during the shift.
What do they require?
- SIA Door Supervisors Licence & SIA CCTV Licence
- English and Maths GCSE grade C or above or equivalent
- Security experience, preferably in a large multi-purpose building
- Experienced in managing incidents and emergency situations.
- Must have experience of working within a team as well as on own.
- Supervisory security experience running a team of security guards
- An understanding of event management
- Training in counter terrorism including project Griffin and Argus
- First Aid at Work
- Demonstrable proactive and professional approach to security
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate in a pressurised environment and defuse confrontational situations
- Have strong customer focused skills
- Have a good understanding of fire panels and the use of Security control room systems.
- Effective/confident leader of a team
- Flexible working attitude to ensure effective operations
- IT literate
- Have good attention to detail and be proactive.
- Excellent time management & task prioritisation skills