Our client is a market leader in the provision of cleaning, security, facilities management, empty property management, lone worker protection and infection control to clients nationally across the public and private sectors. They are now seeking a Key Account Manager to develop long-term relationships with a portfolio of customers, connecting with key decision makers and stakeholders. The Account Manager will liaise between customers and internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions.
You will also be responsible for making a contribution to the level of existing sales as well as ensuring growth of existing clients through horizontal and vertical selling.
This is a field based role where you will be looking after circa 40 of the largest trading accounts/ potential to grow. Your success will be determined by:
§ Achieving sales targets in designated accounts and expected levels of profitability.
§ Numbers of quotes and orders + Completing and developing strategic customer account plans
What are they offering?
- Competitive salary to £35K plus annual bonus OTE £50K year 1 (+ car allowance)
- Competitive holiday entitlement with Bank Holidays included
- Pension, Life assurance, Private Healthcare + Realistic and extensive career opportunities
What are they asking for?
· sales experience within a B2B account management role in a customer-focused environment.
· Highly credible communicator with excellent networking, negotiating and closing skills
· Intuitive with the ability to quickly understand the customers’ needs
· Structured and consistent reporting writing and project presentation
· Commercial acumen + Great presentation skills
· Ability to develop effective business plans for each key account
· Strong analytical skills+ Strong problem solving skills
· Ability to work with senior levels of client and internal management,
· The ability to handle challenging questions with credibility and ease
Evidence of specialist knowledge/expertise in the following would be advantageous
Familiarity with the property management sector with the knowledge of delivering day to day services. Experience in any of following industries: security, facilities management, document management, property protection, hygiene services + supplies would be relevant.
· lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to the AM’s identified customer base
· Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
· Identify and negotiate framework agreements and SLAs
· Communicate clearly the progress of major client projects to internal and external stakeholders
· Identify and grow cross-sell and up-sell opportunities within identified customer base
· Collaborate with BDM to ensure handover of new customer for cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
· Owns the relevant Account Plan; including initiation, maintenance and monitoring of Plans. Expected to deliver account plan review meetings and report progress to line management.
· extend range of contacts of Accounts to ensure relationship not reliant on single points of contact
Key Search Terms: Sales Account Management Security Property B2B Cross selling
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, FM + Property markets and acts as an agency for their client on this vacancy