Palmer McCarthy have teamed up with a leading provider of financial & identity solutions to assist them in their search for an experienced Materials Manager to join their operation in North London. The successful Materials Manager will be responsible for overseeing the supply and control of all materials throughout three processes on site, including stores, warehousing, receipt and dispatch.
As Materials Manager, you will coordinate the lifecycle of all secure job-related materials through to destruction ensuring the reconciliation process after the required manufacturing processes takes place through efficient planning of counts whilst operating within the Group Security Manual parameters.
The successful Materials Manager will also be required to manage the customer experience on site when witnessing destruction of waste in accordance to signed agreements.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £48k
What are they asking for?
Experience of supervision within a manufacturing environment including supply chain management experience is essential, as is the ability to organise large amounts of information into a coherent and meaningful format while working on multiple projects simultaneously. Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are a must along with the ability to lead and plan work for multiple teams.
IT literate, you will be comfortable in using Microsoft Office suite and some exposure to MRP / ERP systems would also be advantageous; you will also need to be trained to IOSH / NEBOSH standard too.
Ideally, you will have experience of working with lean manufacturing processes and used to data driving your decision making.
This role reports into the Supply Chain Manager and is a day role with 7 direct reports. In the absence of the Supply Chain Manager, you will be expected to step up taking responsibility for the logistics, materials movement and reconciliation.
Responsibilities will include;
- Build and maintain a close working relationship with Process and Production Managers to ensure security materials control is supported throughout production, adhering to various customer and security accreditations.
- Supervise that all stocks are recorded accurately, documented, secured and issued to production appropriately throughout the processes.
- Tasked with ensuring smooth flow of material at optimised inventory levels whilst meeting customer delivery requirements
- Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory, legal and group security requirements
- Manage and coordinate functions within the Vaults to include implementation and maintenance of inventory management systems and the receipt, storage and distribution of material.
- Work with central logistics to ensure spend is leveraged and best cost of inbound and outbound is achieved
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Ensure training, SOP's, briefing notes, RA's are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain a close working relationship with Security Audit to ensure all Group and site security procedures are adhered to throughout production in accordance which various security and customer accreditations.
- Plan reconciliation of jobs and keep within the limit set in KPI dash to finalise at ZERO discrepancy
- Be able to manage a miscount or missing material situation by leading team through the process, identify gaps and manage the information flow between operations and Material Control team
- Instigate investigation reports upon any miscounts, lead team composed of multiple functions and be able to go into the detail of every managed process
- Comply with ISO 14001, ISO 18001, ISO 9001, EHS and quality standards
- Comply with GBSM and Schedule 9
The above list is not exhaustive. You will be required to undertake other duties within your capabilities, consistent with this role, to support the needs of the business.
Materials Manager; Security; IOSH; NEBOSH;
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.