Reports to: Director
This role could be part time or full time but would need to be Monday-Friday at least 4 hours a day (between 20-40 hours a week): office based in St Albans
About the Company + Role:
Palmer McCarthy specialise in placing senior, technical sales and bid professionals into the Facilities, Security and Property related markets. We have built a reputation for market expertise, honesty and getting the right person into the right role.
We've had a brilliant few years growth and now need someone to sort things out, get things organised, help look after our key clients, put in some processes and provide a calming balance in what is sometimes a sea of chaos. Is this YOU?
(This role could be a route into Candidate or Client or Office Management-the options are endless)
On offer is:
- A pro rata salary of up to £25K
- Working in a fun professional supportive environment
- 20 days holiday + BHs + your birthday off (holiday entitlement increases every year)
- Pension (flexible on contributions)
- Team bonus
- Socials and away days (optional)
The team administrator will provide administrative and customer service support for a small, yet busy recruitment team based over 3 offices (St Albans, London + Essex). You will also provide direct support for the St Albans based Director.
You will play a key role in supporting the team and the business for the team to do what they do best and move the company forward.
You must be willing to perform any task or duty that helps the team hit their targets and become more efficient. You are someone who is willing to do the basics such as updating the CRM but also has the intellect to understand what you need to do to support the team to ensure the smooth running of the business. You must be multi-talented and willing to perform a wide variety of duties because you will be an integral part of the team and will be relied on to perform several responsibilities. This is a role (and a business) that will continually evolve so flexibility is key, as is a 'can do' approach to life and business.
- Management of our suppliers including JobBoards, Landlords and outsourced services
- Sales co-ordination/ tracking - devising and delivering weekly reports measuring our performance against our metrics
- Research and sourcing of suppliers of e.g. hardware, software + advertising
- Development of social media plans, updating website and researching content
- Some sourcing candidates via social media, advertising, recommendations, CV mining and keeping in touch
- Adapt (Candidate/client database) Administrator: Ensuring candidate contact details and notes are up to date on our recruitment software along with taking responsibility for the improvement of the teams use of Adapt: i.e. maximizing the use of templates and mail shots to candidates (+clients)
- Formatting relevant CVs to "Palmer McCarthy Profile" for marketing to clients
- Updating Social Media re vacancies + news: Linked In, Facebook + Twitter.
- Managing Palmer McCarthy's LinkedIn and Facebook pages
- Management of web site updating and content.
- Formulating a Social Media candidate attraction strategy
- Liaising with client Finance team to ensure client payments
- Weekly communication to registered candidates highlighting opportunities
- Regular mail shots to clients highlighting available candidates
- Attending some client visits and relevant industry functions
- Helping the development of team processes and methods of working - documenting methods
Ideal Person for this Position:
- Meticulous record keeping and manage tasks through to completion, following up persistently until the task is complete
- Be able to think "ahead of the game" and anticipate the needs of a busy team where no week ever looks the same
- Maintain a supportive and organised work environment for the Directors and team
- Have a problem solving and 'take ownership' attitude.
- Someone diligent and trustworthy who will hit the ground running and quickly grasp how best you can support a busy team.
- Proactive, able to manage a busy director so that you get the information you need to move forward with projects and can avoid 'bottlenecks'
- Have a passion for being organised and ensuring that everything is done to the highest possible standard with the greatest amount of care. Excellent proactive, attention to detail and follow through.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently without constant supervision and direction
- Excellent time and self management skills
- Have a sense of humour about misunderstandings and able to learn from mistakes rather than take things personally.
- You will need to be flexible, self sufficient and discreet. (you will have access to commercially sensitive and client/candidate information)
- You will need to be numerate, IT literate, very organised, well informed with lots of initiative and excellent communication skills.
- If you are able to work on your own and also as a member of a small team, enjoy a varied day and want the satisfaction of knowing that your support is essential to help your manager and team perform at their best this could be perfect for you. This role will suit somebody that is organized, motivated with a tendency to over deliver and wants an opportunity to be involved in a business that changes people's lives for the better.
- You should have proven experience of administration / office management/customer service with a strong multi-tasking ability and attention to detail.
- Understands the mindset of running a business, cost control and planning the best use of your time to be cost effective and efficient.
- Confidence to make suggestions on how to improve systems, save on costs and increase productivity / efficiency within the role / business.
- You have an interest in personal development, recruitment and building long lasting relationships and assisting the growth and success of others and enjoy ownership.
- Experience of working within a small business in a multi-tasking role (any knowledge of working within a recruitment environment would be advantageous)
- Numerically confident with an impeccable and flawless writing style - a strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
Ideal Soft Skills:
- Very supportive
- Open to personal development
- Emotionally mature
- Able to handle busy and sometimes stressful environments
- Willingness to do whatever it takes
- Positive, drama-free attitude and enjoys being a part of a high-functioning, fun (sometimes remote) team environment.
- Flexibility and availability to work extra hours when required
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send us your CV with a covering letter telling us:
- What are the 3 key skills you possess that make you ideal person for this role?
- What's one thing you're really excited about?
- What is unique about you?
- What was your favourite job & why?
- What is the 1 book you've recommended to multiple people and why?
Please send to Alan Corcoran on
The deadline for submitting your application is 1st October 2019
Successful applicants will be contacted by email to arrange an initial telephone interview.