A national provider of loss prevention and security services are seeking an Operations Director to manage and develop a number of divisions within the group.
Reporting to the Managing Director the successful candidate will be responsible for effectively leading a team of Divisional Managers and support staff to achieve profitability and growth targets whilst ensuring the highest standards of service delivery. The welfare of your team is also a priority
What are they offering?
- Salary package up to £80K with potential profit share and eventual equity
- Fully expensed company car, Mobile phone and Laptop
What are they asking for?
- Senior Operational Management experience within the loss prevention/ security systems/ facilities management or investigations sector is an essential
- Situated in area with easy access to national motorway network and business hubs:
M4/40 corridor, London or Manchester.
Credible in their dealings with both clients and officers
- Demonstrable success in leading, managing and growing a business unit. With emphasis on the management of people including: delegation, customer relationships, succession planning, performance management and working with others to achieve results.
- Demonstrable experience in progressively larger roles where they have driven improvements in growth, service quality, retention, cost effectiveness and profitability. The ability to analyse complex problems, identify root causes and make timely decisions that bring matters to a successful conclusion.
- Full P L responsibility with the ability to "interrogate the financials"
- track record of client growth with reputation for visibility on the ground (clients and teams)
- Any experience of monitoring (MARC)
- Knowledge of investigations around stock loss, shrink, data mining, misconduct issues and undercover work.
- A previous police background + thought leader in the industry
- Direct + lead operational activities through the implementation of clear strategic objectives.
- To control P&L + drive operations to meet revenue, gross margin, retention and overhead targets.
- develop working relationships with key stakeholders including clients, colleagues and industry experts
- To assist and support the Sales and National Accounts teams in identifying and securing medium and high value new business opportunities e.g. National Accounts, in line with business objectives.
- To manage own portfolio of key clients including participating in service review meetings, the recruitment and selection of key staff, to ensure contract agreements and service standards are met.
- To lead, manage and motivate direct reports through the effective use of goal setting, team briefings, performance review, appraisals, performance management, development and succession planning to support individuals and teams in fulfilling their potential and maximising productivity.
- Ensure highest standards of performance in business processes e.g.: management reporting, admin, customer relationship management and recruitment, to drive the success of the business.
- To define, champion and implement best operational practice in quality and service delivery by means of robust and measurable processes, which can be bench marked against industry/national standards.
- To actively participate in organisational projects and to support the development of strategic plans to achieve alignment between capability, capacity and business need.
- ensure that Health & Safety and Quality procedures are implemented and maintained, at all client sites and Company offices and that any incidences or discrepancies are reported and addressed.
Key Search Terms: Operations Manager Security Loss Prevention Investigations Corporate Strategic
Please only apply if you have specific mentioned industry sector experience
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security Industry and acts as an agency for their client on this vacancy.