One of London & the South East leading specialist's suppliers & installers of Fire Alarms & Security Systems are now looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join their team.
What are they offering?
- Salary £38 - 45k (DOE)
- Hours: 08.30 - 17.30
- A company vehicle will be provided for business use; You will be issued with a company fuel card & will be expected to keep receipts & records of your mileage
- 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Mobile Phone
What are they asking for?
The successful Operations Manager will have experience of working with Fire Alarm & Detection Systems; Intruder Alarm Systems; Access Control Systems as well as Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) systems.
You will be a well organised, analytical individual and possess excellent interpersonal & communication skills. Commercial awareness is also essential as is experience of managing & motivating a team.
- To oversee the company's Small Works and Installation Division. Reporting directly to the Operations Director you will be responsible for running the day to day operation of this division managing all operatives and maximising their abilities to full potential.
- Running of Small Works Installation projects and attending site meetings in relation to these projects.
- Preparation of all Health and Safety related paperwork for projects and maintenance such as site Risk Assessments and Method Statements, ensuring that all paperwork is correct, issued and copies filed for our records.
- Ensuring that all handover and commissioning paperwork is completed on time and copies received and filled for our records.
- Ensuring all "As fitted" drawings and Specifications are correct and that all operations and maintenance manuals for projects are fully completed issued and copies filed for our records.
- The completion of SAFE contractor and Construction line registrations to retain accreditation and certification as required.
- Carrying out audits and inspections of engineers as per NSI requirements, ensuring that all audit plans are completed, and reports filed for our records. This to include all plant, ladders etc.
- Ensuring that maintenance's carried out by the service engineers are completed in time, paperwork received and filed in accordance with the NSI standards.
- Attending NSI Audit visits both external and internal where required
- Conducting monthly meetings with the senior installation/service managers to discuss and report on profitability, productivity, call-outs, maintenance statistics and projects as required.
- Ensuring the in house stores are kept clean, tidy and organised at all times whilst overseeing stock levels of basic equipment is replenished as required and internal stock control paperwork is kept up to date at all times.
- Ensuring all van stock is accounted for an audited.
- Ensuring that equipment such as access equipment and other company vehicles are serviced and audited regularly as required and that all related paperwork is received and filed for our records.
- Liaising with the sales and accounts department to ensure that all company equipment costs are correct on the sales 'job costing' sheets, sage accounts package and purchase invoices. Rectify in agreement with the relevant departments.
- Working in conjunction with the Service Manager to ensure the smooth running of the engineering department
- Other duties as required by the Board of Directors.
Fire and Detection; CCTV; Intruder Alarms; Access Control; Closed Circuit Television; Security
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.