Please only apply if you have previous manned guarding operations management experience.
Our client is one of the leading providers of manned guarding in the City of London. Due to a recent contract win and subsequent promotion they are looking for an experienced Security Operations Manager who is flexible, motivated and will enjoy the challenge of managing a team for a high profile client to drive and encourage to produce the best results.
Reporting to the Account Manager you will assist in running a small number of sites (very close together). This is a new role designed to allow the Account Manager to be more client focused: to drive more strategy and development + is integral to the success of the team.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £45K (pension, healthcare etc., 25 days holidays + BH)
- Excellent career opportunity within a stable national leader that prides itself on the relationship between company and employee.
- 50 hours per week Mon to Fri – Days
What are they asking for?
- You will be an experienced Security Operations Manager who can lead a team of Shift Managers, Controllers, Officers and Relief. You will enjoy the challenge of taking over responsibility a flagship site with a fantastic record and relationship with the client.
- Ideally you will have experience working with the high-end financial type clients but your ability to establish strong client relationships is key and you will be able to demonstrate how your personable nature has helped you do this in the past.
- Any military/ City experience would be an advantage and a police contact network.
- You will have a 5-year checkable work/ education history (the more straightforward the better) and will be able to demonstrate strong customer focus with a positive / proactive approach.
- Experience of the security issues facing Greater London will be advantageous as would experience of any of the following: Evacuations, Hostile Reconnaissance, Lock Downs.
- You have an eye for detail, can produce excel reports + an ability to manage client’s expectations.
- Your dedication to your security career will hopefully be demonstrated by qualifications such as ASIS CPP or a Security Institute diploma
- Network of contacts within local services + Met/City police would also be advantageous
Responsibilities will include
- Being receptive to the client’s concerns and complaints and take a personal interest in resolving any issues that you become involved in.
- Working to the assignment instructions ensuring that all activity is accurately recorded on the correct documents, in line with both the client’s and the company’s quality procedures.
- Training of staff, ensuring that all guards skill sets are of the same required standard.
- Booking of training courses and maintaining up to date training records.
- Checking all S.I.A licenses are valid and up to date.
- Responding to incidents and unusual occurrences according to site instructions.
- You will be be the first line of response re disciplinaries and investigation
- Checking and controlling the requests for issue of uniform
- Carrying out access control reports for tenants (as and when requested).
- Carrying out weekly PPM’s on the access control and CCTV systems/equipment
- Liaising with and maintaining good working relationships with Sub Contractor companies
- recording all annual leave requests + ensuring staff competent in assigned duties.
- Ensuring that all Incidents are accurately reported to all relevant parties.
- keeping a record of all security/reception staff’s sickness and unscheduled leave.