Our client is a market leader in the provision of facilities management, mobile security and vacant property services to clients nationally across the public and private sectors. They are now seeking an Operations Manager to provide operational support to the Operations Director in line with divisional development plans and budgets, optimizing profitability through the correct management and retention of the team of mobile operatives, engineers, property inspectors and control room professionals.
This is a hybrid role: working from home and required to be in Malmesbury office Tuesdays + Thursdays (although facilities are there if you want to do more)- flexibility is required to attend ad hoc meetings. This is an ambitious company with realistic growth plans that is currently investing across all teams.
The Operations Manager will co-ordinate work by ensuring that the distribution of workloads to the mobile service delivery teams and control room are managed efficiently to ensure that customer deadlines and schedules are met. You will also aim to ensure that labour, transport and overtime costs are kept to a minimum whilst delivering core services and in keeping with all clients, third party and internal requirements
What are they offering?
- Competitive salary to £50K + annual bonus
- Up to 25 days holidays + BH
- Pension, Life assurance, Private Healthcare
- Realistic + extensive career opps- this is a company where people are developed and stay
- Access to Perkz (discounts from certain retailers) + Employee Assistance Programme
- Hybrid working with just two days office based
What are they asking for?
If you are a customer service professional who understands the importance of quality operational delivery to client retention and growth, please read on. Your team will consist of installation engineers and a 24/7 control room so experience of managing a similar operation will be advantageous but not necessary
You may have worked in a B2B mobile service type industry e.g. Contract cleaning, security (mobile + response), facilities management, logistics, landscaping, pest control or mobile engineering service delivery, vending ops (somewhere where the team is out and about in vans delivering services at client sites)
However- more important is that you are a people manager who will lead from the front- constantly looking for improvements + efficiencies. In interview you will be able to demonstrate your ability to manage, organise and motivate and discuss examples where you have helped drive the right culture throughout the team. You will live within an easy commute (drive) of Malmesbury, Wiltshire
- To motivate and mentor 2 direct reports (will increase as the business continues to grow)
- Managerial responsibility for operations staff (circa 30) including holiday + OT approval
- Maintain standards of Health & Safety and security
- Ensure risk assessments are carried out and completed on each individual site.
- Set and ensure targets are met, by coaching, leading and motivating your staff towards KPI’s
- Assessing job priorities and assigning staff to sites to ensure SLA’s are met
- To ensure daily workload is allocated and completed in the most efficient manner.
- Ensuring that operations are operating within budget.
- Increasing overall efficiency and reduce cost with an aim of exceeding budgetary expectations.
- Recruitment, appraisals + training of employees along with Disciplinaries + investigations
- Driving forward ‘best in class’ customer service