Our client is a leading security solutions provider within the UK and due to their exponential growth over the last few years are now seeking a Payroll Administrator / Assistant to join their small and friendly Finance department in Central London.
To provide professional Payroll support to the business and ensure regulatory compliance in accordance with company procedures and HMRC legislative requirements.
- Process payroll in a timely and accurate manner
- Create and maintain employees' payroll records
- Calculate wages and applicable deductions based on employee attendance and timesheet records
- Provide support to the Payroll Manager and Branch Management with Payroll queries
- Process Statutory Payments (SSP,SMP,OSPP)
- Input of P45/P46 forms
- Issue P45 forms to leavers
- Administer absences and holiday requests
- To provide assistance with all Payroll admin related tasks
- Assist the Management Accountant with preparation of monthly management accounts
- To work closely with Line Manager and other Finance colleagues on Payroll/Finance projects
- To recognise opportunities and make improvements to the Payroll processes
- To perform ad hoc Payroll/Finance duties as directed
What do they require?
- Experience of working within a busy Payroll Administrator/Assistant role
- Demonstrable interest in Payroll
- Experience of prioritising work to meet tight and overlapping deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team (team player)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent numeracy and IT skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and deal with high volume workload
- Enthusiastic approach to work
- Confidence/ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels
- Payroll qualification or studying towards a Payroll qualification (would be an advantage)- but qualification via experience will be equally as valid
What are the offering?
- A basic salary of up £30, 000
- 25 days annual leave per annum
- Health Cash Plan
- Company Pension
- Personal Injury Cover
This is a great opportunity to join an established organisation where its staff are valued and supported and who are supportive in developing its employees skills and careers.