Reports to: Director
This role could be part time or full time but would need to be Monday-Friday at least 4 hours a day (between 16-40 hours a week): office based in St Albans.
About the Company + Role:
Our client is a full-service independent market research agency working on extensive projects using most types of data collection methodologies but specialists in online research and have their own in-house team who program and manage online projects whilst still fully embracing the sound principles of market research.
They have had a brilliant few years growth and now need someone to support the team in helping to ensure that the quality of their findings and presentations to their clients is of the highest standard. This will include mainly designing and checking PowerPoint presentations and survey findings along with supplier management and being the first port of call for office enquiries, You must be a confident in PowerPoint presentation design skills to the level of at least creating basic charts, changing series data on charts, embedding images and animation.
They need someone to help get things done, get things organised, consistently add to the quality of their offering and provide a calming balance in what is sometimes a world of changing priorities and working to demanding deadlines. Is this YOU?
(This role could be a route into Market Research Consultant, Office Management or PowerPoint Design Specialist)
On offer is:
- A pro rata salary of up to £26K
- Working in a fun professional supportive environment
- 20 days holiday + BHs + your birthday off (holiday entitlement increases every year)
- Team bonus
- Free Parking
- Industry experience not necessary
- Part/Time option
Most of your time will be spent designing and checking compelling and accurate power point presentations that are produced to reflect the outputs of the multi surveys that are completed weekly.
You will also provide administrative, quality and design support for a small, yet busy Market Research team based in St Albans. You will also provide direct support for the on-site Director. You will play a key role in supporting the team and the business to allow them to do what they do best and move the company forward.
You must be willing to perform any task or duty that helps the team deliver quality market research projects on time and become ever more efficient.
You are someone who is willing to do the basics such as updating the website and dealing with incoming calls but also has the intellect to understand what you need to do to support the team to ensure the smooth running of the business.
You must be multi-talented and willing to perform a wide variety of duties because you will be an integral part of the team and will be relied on to perform several responsibilities. This is a role (and a business) that will continually evolve so flexibility is key, as is a 'can do' approach to life and business.
- PowerPoint presentation designing and checking for accuracy - e.g. ensuring charts are labelled correctly, manipulation of images, video editing, animation, embedding images, differentiating between American and UK spelling
- Management and updating of our suppliers including survey agencies and outsourced services- keeping them up to date during the different stages of a project life cycle
- Reviewing questionnaire surveys for accuracy and logic
- Development of social media plans, updating website and researching content
- Attending some client visits and relevant industry functions
- Helping the development of team processes and methods of working - documenting methods
Ideal Person for this Position:
You must be confident in PowerPoint presentation design skills to the level of at least creating basic charts, changing series data on charts, embedding images and animation. You will be able to demonstrate, at interview, an ability to interpret data (research) and then a flair in understanding which types of charts are most appropriate to present the data and then designing a professional eye catching presentation in PowerPoint (data visualisation) that will be seen by decision makers within the client (mainly international consumer brands)
You will take pride in you strict adherence to detail and strive for perfection: after all these presentations will be reviewed by some of the most famous national and international brands- e.g. lining up images, ensuring a uniform font, do the numbers make sense?
- Meticulous/detail orientated: record keeping and manage tasks through to completion, following up persistently until the task is complete
- Be able to think "ahead of the game" and anticipate the needs of a busy team where no week ever looks the same
- Maintain a supportive and organised work environment for the Directors and team
- Have a problem solving and 'take ownership' attitude.
- Someone diligent and trustworthy who will hit the ground running and quickly grasp how best you can support a busy team.
- Proactive, able to manage a busy director so that you get the information you need to move forward with projects and can avoid 'bottlenecks'
- Have a passion for being organised and ensuring that everything is done to the highest possible standard with the greatest amount of care. Excellent proactive, attention to detail and follow through.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently without constant supervision and direction
- Excellent time and self-management skills
- Have a sense of humour about misunderstandings and able to learn from mistakes rather than take things personally.
- You will need to be flexible, self-sufficient and discreet. (you will have access to commercially sensitive information)
- You will need to be numerate, IT literate, very organised, well informed with lots of initiative and excellent communication skills.
- If you are able to work on your own and as a member of a small team, enjoy a varied day and want the satisfaction of knowing your support is essential to help the team perform at their best this could be perfect for you. This role will suit somebody that is organized, motivated with a tendency to over deliver and wants an opportunity to be involved in a business that knows what products are going to hit the shelves and why before the market does.
- Understands the mindset of running a business, cost control and planning the best use of your time to be cost effective and efficient.
- Confidence to make suggestions on how to improve systems, save on costs and increase productivity / efficiency within the role / business.
- Experience of working within a small business in a multi-tasking role (any knowledge of working within a market research environment would be advantageous)
- Numerically confident with an impeccable and flawless writing style - a strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to the level of ad least filters.
- Any programming skills would be an advantage as would any spoken languages.
Ideal Soft Skills:
- Very supportive and open to personal development
- Emotionally mature
- Able to handle busy and sometimes stressful environments
- Willingness to do whatever it takes
Positive, drama-free attitude and enjoys being a part of a high-functioning, fun (sometimes very serious) team environment