Location: Central London
Salary: Up to £45,000 + ote £55-60k
What are they offering?
- Competitive salary to £45K + ote £55-60k
- Competitive holiday entitlement
- Realistic and extensive career opportunities
- Supportive senior management team
What are they asking for?
Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word PowerPoint and Excel (IF Formulas, Vlookups etc) - preferably with a Microsoft Excel Proficiency course
- An excellent understanding of maths and English
- An excellent standard of written English and the ability to write to client requirements
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to review their own work prior to official appraisal
- Confident speaker, able to communicate effectively and confident to present to new and existing clients
- An in depth understanding of commercial models and some economic principles (e.g. gross margin, inflation National Insurance)
- Degree education is desirable but not essential, strong numerical knowledge is however, required
- The ability to work as an Admin within the Salesforce system in order to keep the system up to date with the latest opportunities, information and provide reports for the board of directors. This system is critical to the business in order to track how the bid team and sales teams are performing in terms of wins, loss and no bids.
- Creating and updating contacts, accounts and opportunities
- Building new dashboards suitable for different levels of authority within the business and populating them with relevant reports and data
- Performing the role of Admin within Salesforce so creating new users and amending the salesforce system so it works for those who are using it
- Provide training for members of staff who are unfamiliar with the system and all new members of staff.
The candidate would be expected to design, maintain or amend pricing and commercial models using Microsoft Excel from beginning to end and therefore would be accountable for the model that is submitted for internal review.
The successful candidate will:
- Ability to read through a Tender document and pick out relevant information needed to build up a pricing model
- They would have to demonstrate an ability to work and communicate with other members of staff Directors and current and potential clients
- Required to go and present their work to potential and existing clients to elucidate pricing models and to represent the company correctly
- To work alongside the Bid & Sales lead building a price in excel and transferring that price from the internal business pricing model into the clients pricing model
- To design, manipulate, analyse and interpret pricing models
- To interpret incumbent TUPE information (where relevant) or proposed staffing patterns and to translate this into a comprehensive pricing model
- To manage the pricing assistant providing training, guidance and support. Organising and managing the workflow for both themselves and the assistant.
Ensuring all Pricing & Pricing Assumptions are signed off and completed on time so that the bid team can submit a finished bid before the deadline given
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.