Security Systems Project Manager Location: Home Counties + South East
A Security Systems (CCTV, Access Control, Intruder Alarm) Project Manager is required by an accredited security systems provider based in the Hertfordshire area
The Project Manager will support delivery to the client predominantly in the leisure and retail, local authority, healthcare, education and distribution sectors.
You will be involved in projects from inception to completion: Once the construction work starts, the Project Manager is handed the details of the project from the Sales and Design Team. You will then be expected to fully understand all parameters of the project. During the various construction phases, you will be expected to work closely with other trades to ensure the first-fix is installed correctly, on time and on budget. This will involve attending site visits, site meetings, liaising with the Design Team and interacting with associated trades on site. Once the first-fix is completed, then the Project Manager will manage his own installation team to second-fix, commission and bespoke the systems, and to handover to the customer. Some projects do not involve construction works, but the same process applies
What are they offering?
• Competitive salary to £45k
• Company Car, or car allowance, mobile phone and laptop
• Competitive holiday entitlement + pension
This is a genuine supportive company that are growing due to capabilities and professionalism- lots of career prospects
What are they asking for?
- Knowledge of security and fire alarm systems.
- Background from a combination of installing, servicing and maintaining security and fire systems.
- Understanding of building projects and the construction process.
- Experience of dealing with complex client needs + commercials: providing quotations and variations.
- Experience of man-management + calm under pressure
- Comfortable meeting + dealing with high-profile and demanding clients.
You will be based out of Head Office in Herts 3 days a week - so looking for someone who lives within a 1.5 hour commute.
- Managing a given project that requires hands-on involvement: e.g. construction project where security and fire systems are being installed from scratch.
- Professional liaison with other trades will be required. This will include Architects, Project Managers, M&E consultants, Audio Visual Consultants and Insurers.
- Coordination of associated elements e.g. security doors, security windows,
- To guide, advise and manage other trades to ensure cabling will need to be installed correctly
- Regular reporting with clear and concise written communication required
- To support the sales teams in the preparation of quotes and tender responses
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security + Property markets and acts as an agency for their client on this vacancy.