One of the world's leading property agents are looking for a Property Management Procurement Assistant to join their team to lead and deliver a professional procurement service for their Property Management Company as well as to promote the implementation of group wide policies, processes and procedures for operational procurement, assisting in the development and dissemination of standard procurement processes.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £22k
- Career advancement within a growing company with structured training and development
- Support from hands-on manager + stable environment
What are they asking for?
As a Property Management Procurement Assistant, it will be your job to not only promote the implementation of group wide policies, processes and procedures for operational procurement, but also to assist in the development and dissemination of standard procurement processes. You will also be required to develop & maintain procurement in line with the Procurement Policy as well as developing a knowledge of procurement and the business through working with the Category Managers & external parties i.e. CIPS, IOSH to name just a few.
- Day to day liaison with the Surveying, RFM and Operational Support Staff nationwide as required;
- Day to day liaison with the Assistant Category, Category Manager and Procurement Manager as required
- Day to day liaison with Contractors and technical consultants as required
- Responsible for implementing group sourcing strategies, by helping to develop and implement the contracts and Call off Orders / Purchase Orders through agreed processes and systems across the business.
- To work independently and with Assistant Category Managers / Category Managers to ensure that appropriate PO's are in place in line with the Procurement Policy spend thresholds and agreed timescales.
- To monitor new vendor set up forms with regard to vetting of potential vendors, anticipated annual spend and identify anomalies.
- To support or lead all aspects of the low level sourcing process including analysing data and supply markets, supplier research, organising specifications, preparing RFQ/RFP documents, negotiations, query resolution and updating relevant systems.
- To assist departments to better control costs and improve services within their budgets and to give direction and guidance to business areas to ensure value for money.
- Responsible for reviewing spend and vendor performance across service line areas ensuring that appropriate contracts are in place as outlined in the company Procurement Policy
- Provide administrative support to service line team.
- Respond to ad hoc queries from stake holders.
- Develop service line knowledge of all relevant legislation, industry standards and best practice.
- Promote the development of good relationships throughout The Property Management business
- Ensure issues are appropriately addressed in conjunction with the Category Manager and relevant stakeholders.
- Deputise for the Assistant Category Manager and complete necessary tasks where appropriate.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation.
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security Industry and acts as an agency for their client on this vacancy.