One of the UK's long-established and leading security service providers now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Purchasing Assistant to join their team. As Purchasing Assistant, you will support the buyers, maintain stock records and take purchasing responsibility for some stock lines.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £25k
- Monday - Friday (40 Hours per week)
- Entrepreneurial, supportive + fun environment:
- Offices in Park Royal
What are they asking for?
They are looking for someone with experience of purchasing or accounts payable and with a good eye for detail. As the Purchasing Assistant it will be a given that you are an excellent communicator (both written and verbal) and possess strong analytical skills. Being able to spot any potential problems and making the necessary recommendations / finding solutions would definitely be an advantage as is the ability to juggle multiple projects with varying priorities
Responsibilities will include;
- Responsible for all stock master file records, setting up new codes, amending and opening and closing as stock lines come into and out of availability.
- Review daily deliveries to ensure purchase prices and quantities are recorded correctly.
- Investigate variances and support the stock control team in understanding stock variances
- Liaise with suppliers regarding rejections to request credit notes.
- Raise Purchase Orders for Packaging, Frozen, Dry and other stock lines.
- Support the buying team as necessary.
Purchasing; Accounts; Buyer; Stock Control;
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.