Our client is a quality driven national provider of Security + Facilities Management. Due to growth they are seeking an experienced bid professional to join their bid team as a Quality Manager. You will play a key role in ensuring the quality of the process and content associated with bid oppos whilst mentoring and coaching others in the team (although not a line management role)
You will be responsible for leading on complex proposals, carrying out quality reviews and mentoring/coaching other members of the bid team re. best practice in process and written content. This is a networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines.
You do not need industry knowledge ( knowledge of the outsourced /service sector advantageous) - more important is knowing what makes a good bid + how to shape a good bid process.This is a company that are heavily investing in its bids and tenders function and are developing a team that are delivering state of the art bid solutions in a fun and driven environment.
What are they offering?
- Salary up to £50K
- An opportunity to be master of your destiny- with input on bid strategy and development
- Major player with strong client base to leverage opportunities from
What are they asking for?
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to point to a proven career in successful proposal management. You will be confident in conveying your knowledge of tender structure and organisation and will enjoy working alongside a friendly and supportive team of professionals.
You will be self-motivated and accurate, paying great attention to detail. You will have strong time management and prioritisation skills and advanced written English language acumen
You will have previous experience of managing tenders from cradle to the deal along with strong communication skills- as the ability to communicate and influence stakeholders is key. In interview you will demonstrate sound commercial analytical skills and any demonstrated cost modelling experience would be advantageous. Candidate needs to live a distance from Northampton that would make a once weekly trip possible.
Any APMP qualifications would be desirable as would any experience with design software including Adobe InDesign (desirable) (but these are only nice to haves)
- Work closely and collaboratively with all bid stakeholders to manage and direct bids
- Introduce + implement necessary procedures and processes and ensure governance of them
- Assist in analysing RFP/bid requirements against the proposal outline to ensure both compliance and responsiveness to the customer’s issues and needs
- Participate in the development and review of proposal strategies and themes + support /lead storyboarding and capture planning sessions for relevant tender opportunities
- Collateral development- writing/editing input from a variety of stakeholders as needed
- Participate in/lead regular proposal progress status meetings + onduct peer reviews to ensure bids are compelling and commercially attractive
- Collaborate + articulate ideas and viewpoints to senior management, peers and others; identifying and initiating projects; managing resources; and driving the resolution of issues
Key Search Terms: Bid Tender Management Proposals RFI PQQ Management
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management sectors
- 1 Have you worked for less than three companies in the last (pre covid) five years?
- 2Do you have previous bid writing/management experience?
- Can you demonstrate an ability or desire to mentor, coach + support bid colleagues?
- growing business- massive opportunities
- strong operational team with great ability to mobilise
- growing bid team reporting to bid specialist + support available.