Reception and Front of House Manager
Hours: 50 per week (Days)
To ensure that visitors and clients are received in an excellent and professional manner and that all reception areas operate a high quality service at all times.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY
- To supervise and manage the professional greeting of clients and visitors, to the highest standards
- Ensure excellence in dress and deportment
- Ensure that notification of any person(s) being visited are informed of arrival of visitor in a timely manner and kept informed as and when required
- Take full ownership of the reception and all associated areas, making sure they are kept in the best possible order at all times, liaising with cleaners, facilities, security and other departments as deemed necessary
- Interaction with all visitors must be clear, friendly and professional at all times.
- Liaise with support staff and temp agencies as required
- Manage roster
- Ensure room reservations are dealt with in a quick and efficient manner
- Team must welcome all visitors and follow up those waiting
- Team must be able to manage difficult situations using line manager as role model
- Ensure prompt/adequate response to requests.
- Collate agreed data and provide reports
- Liaise with client in relation to events, complaints and any other incidents and issues.
- Attend relevant client and Company meetings
- Prepare for events and large groups
Employee Satisfaction and Staff Development
- Recruit, induct and train receptionists
- Maintain ‘Training Plans’ for all employees in accordance with contractual, individual employee and company requirements.
- Provide mentoring and on job coaching
- Ensure all staff are appraised on a regular basis
- Lead, monitor, motivate and inspire the team, providing guidance and support
- Ensure all employees are dealt with fairly and equitably in all respects.
Continuous Improvement and Quality
- Review existing standards and procedures while implementing new best practices to ensure a seamless delivery of Front of House Services
- Understand and implement all operational procedures specified within Company ISO 9000 Quality Manuals.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all relevant legislation, best practice etc. relevant to the position.
Team Management / Relationships
- Review team performance with the Strategic Account Manager using Competency Framework and Performance Reviews.
- Develop & maintain close relationships with other Managers as required.
- Produce timely and accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Engage in other activities as requested by Strategic Account Manager / Client
- Bring innovation to the role and to contribute ideas for the development of the role, to the benefit of the estate and businesses
- Undertake audits aligned to key risk areas, to ensure robust safety management systems and emergency arrangements are in place.
- Regularly communicate progress and changes regarding onsite operations to line manager
- Maintains the stability and reputation of both company and clients
- Support the delivery of the Company vision, culture and core values
- An excellent customer focussed manner at all times
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- The ability to adapt rapidly to different client requirements.
- High standards of literacy and numeracy
- A flair for problem solving and multi-tasking
- Assertive and persuasive
- Excellent IT skills and competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Competent electronic visitor management systems
- Experience in the planning and management of projects including the management of teams/sub-contractors and client relationships
- A very high standard of personal appearance
- Full driving license
- Previous reception management experience
- Experience of working in a highly customer focussed service delivery role
- First Aid (full training)
- Charming and warm