A leading and successful National Manned Guarding provider are seeking a Regional Manager to manage a portfolio of direct clients + 3 Contract Managers. Reporting to the RD the successful candidate will be responsible for effectively leading this team + support staff to achieve profitability and growth targets whilst ensuring the highest standards of service delivery. The welfare of your team is also a priority.
You will also manage a small number of prestigious clients directly. The role is field and home based: involving extensive travel within your region: Midlands
What are they offering?
- Salary to £44,000
- Fully expensed company car or allowance + Mobile phone and Laptop
- Enhanced pension and healthcare
- 25 days Annual Leave
- career advancement within a growing company with structured training and development
What are they asking for?
The successful candidate will be a proven professional with a career in Operational Management within the manned guarding sector and live within an hours commute of Birmingham
You will need to be a confident in management of people including: delegation, customer relationships, succession planning, performance management and working with others to achieve results.
At interview you will be able to demonstrate experience in progressively larger roles where you have driven improvements in growth, service quality, retention, cost effectiveness and profitability.
You will also be able to give examples of the ability to analyse complex problems, identify root causes and make timely decisions that bring matters to a successful conclusion.
Responsibilities will include:
- lead activities through implementation of strategic objectives.
- control P&L + drive region to meet revenue, margin, retention + overheads targets
- develop relationships with key stakeholders including clients, strategic customers, colleagues and industry experts to promote the Company brand.
- assist the Sales and National Accounts teams in identifying and securing medium and high value new business opportunities e.g. National Accounts, in line with business objectives.
- manage own key clients including service review meetings, recruitment of key staff, actively manage the performance of staff to ensure contract agreements and standards are met.
- manage and motivate direct reports through effective use of goal setting, team briefings, performance review, appraisals, performance management, development and succession planning to support individuals in fulfilling their potential and maximising productivity.
- ensure highest standards of performance in business processes, such as: management reporting, administration, customer relationship management and recruitment
- To define, champion and implement best operational practice in quality and service delivery by means of robust and measurable processes, which can be benchmarked against industry/national standards.
- To actively participate in organisational projects and to support the development of strategic plans in order to achieve alignment between capability, capacity and business need.
Key Search Terms: manned guarding operations management
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please contact Alan Corcoran directly rather than applying again