A national supplier of Facilities Management (Soft Services) are looking for an experienced Contracts Manager to successfully deliver the operational and financial targets of a small number of prestigious soft services contracts, ensuring full adherence customer's terms of business, service level agreements (SLA's) and industry regulations.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £40000
- Company Car,
- Career prospects with a national company,
- Pension, Healthcare etc.
This is not a typical industry Contacts Manager role: you will not be given 40 contracts and stretched so far you are meeting clients once every 2 months and getting no-where fast. You will be working with 3/4 strategic accounts and you given the responsibility of developing these by discussing next stages in account, what client plans are and dealing with issues immediately. You will be given full responsibility for your P+L. A great opportunity to really account manage and become a client expert.
What are they asking for?
You will need to have the ability and desire to develop your knowledge across security + cleaning and the commercial acumen to spot opportunities and the ability to command authority. You will also be tech savvy and be comfortable in the use of multi IT systems and platforms.
This is a field- based role- a weekly visit to Head Office but you will be mainly working on site with clients. Ideally you will be based between Nottingham + Wolverhampton or an hour from patch.
Sound security or cleaning industry knowledge and wide business acumen gained from working for a sector competitor or end client organisation who procures these services (if you have managed a security + cleaning account that would be advantageous)
- Strong understanding of Health and Safety regulations
- Excellent communication skills - articulate and focussed, proficient written skills, good listener
- A good people manager, able to motivate and maximise the contribution of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Advanced numerical skills with the ability to understand / control a budget
- Must hold a full UK driving license
- Desirable is an understanding of the education/ healthcare/rail or manufacturing sectors
- A police background would also be advantageous but not absolutely necessary.
Responsibilities will include;
- Manage contract to achieve/ exceed the revenue and profit budget
- Ensure service levels delivered adhere to contract terms and client SLA's
- Assess whether innovation/ improvement can be made to service
- Maximise opportunities to retain and develop contract by maintaining strong client relationship
- Direct staff and monitor performance + managing any staff performance or conduct issues
- Recruitment, retention and rostering of contract personnel
- Manage assets and materials to ensure meet service delivery needs and spend is within budget
- Regular audits to ensure contract and legal compliance
- Manage client issues log, ensuring timely resolution and ensuring good working relationship
- Promote secure/ safe working environment by carrying out risk assessments and security reviews
- Communicate Health and Safety processes and policies to all staff and ensure they remain adequately trained
Key Search Terms: Security, Cleaning, Contracts, Operations, Healthcare, Education
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.