Reports to: Director
This role could be part time or full time but would need to be Monday-Friday at least 6 hours a day (between 30-40 hours a week): a mixture of working from home and office based in St Albans
About the Company + Role:
Palmer McCarthy specialise in the recruitment of senior, technical sales and bid professionals into the Facilities, Security and Property related markets. We have built a reputation for market expertise, honesty and getting the right person into the right role.
It’s been tough but we have had a good year results wise. We are confident going into 2021 that we are going to be even busier and now need someone to: ensure our candidates are receiving the type of experience and service that they deserve, look after key clients and help us introduce new ways of doing things and processes ensuring we take advantage of new resourcing innovations. Is this YOU?
This is not a sales role but is supporting a recruitment and results based environment (could be a route into Resource Team Management, Delivery Consultant or a Recruitment 360 role)
On offer is:
- A pro rata salary of up to £25K + individual + team bonuses
- Working in a fun professional supportive environment
- Up to 25 days holiday + BHs + your birthday off
- Pension (flexible on contributions
- Socials and away days (optional)- when we are allowed
Our Resourcer will be responsible for identifying, attracting and engaging with candidates to fulfil specific business briefs and requirements within a small yet busy recruitment team. You will be matching candidates to vacancies, previous, existing and new clients. You must be willing to perform any task or duty (within reason) that helps the business achieve its objectives around the successful placement of candidates with our clients. You are someone who is willing to do the basics such as updating the CRM but also has the intellect to understand what is needed to maximise the opportunity upon identifying great candidates. This is a role (and business) that will continually evolve so flexibility is key, as is a 'can do' approach to life and business.
As a Resourcer your main responsibility will be to proactively track and continuously manage the journey of a candidate along with identifying new business opportunities for the business through leads - however these can be followed up by other members of the team!!
- Mapping and matching candidates to vacancies we are working on.
- Detailed interviewing of candidates to ensure successful matching to current and future vacancies.
- Name gathering of new candidates via candidate care calls
- Advise on and reformat CV's to 'sell' key USP's of that candidate
- Submittal of candidate details to senior team member and client
- Management of client interview process and eventual preparation of candidates for interview
- Provide first line support for all Candidate enquiries
- Provide pre-employment and compliance checks in line with company policy and relevant legislation
- ensure that the candidates and clients receive a professional and comprehensive service at all times
- Comply with reporting and quality procedures inc. accurate CRM management
- Develop an understanding of market rates and conditions within your sector
- Seek and provide feedback in a professional manner at all times to candidates
- Proactively 'Manage' existing candidate silos - track career path
- Servicing existing candidates ('passive and active')
- Actively map and build 'hot' candidate lists in strategically important silos
Continuous name gathering of passive candidates
Ideal Person for this Position:
You do not need to have worked within a recruitment environment previously. However.....You will be a task and goal orientated team player who will quickly fit in with a company that is passionate about placing candidates into the right clients and growing our business. At interview you will be able to demonstrate persistence and tenacity along with fantastic and positive communication skills. We know "matching skills" are developed in all types of environments but it's essential you can confidently tell us about those transferable skills.
You will have the ability to influence and engage with all levels of candidates and the potential to develop advanced questioning skills. It should go without saying that Sense of Urgency is a must as is the ability to follow a process through from start to completion with attention to detail. You are a solutions focused individual who is coachable with the ability to learn swiftly. With an ability to prioritise but the flexibility to be able to "drop everything" and divert attention when business requires. (with no fuss)
Experience in a Resourcer role or knowledge of a recruitment environment would be advantageous and the more advanced your skills in Linked In / job boards and other candidate portals required the better. If you are a Boolean Ninja, fantastic but our JD cliches stop there.
here are some other attributes that we are looking for
- Have a problem solving and 'take ownership' attitude.
- Excellent proactive, attention to detail and follow through.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently without constant supervision and direction
- Excellent time and self-management skills
- A sense of humour about misunderstandings and ability to learn from mistakes rather than take things personally.
- You will need to be flexible, self-sufficient and discreet. (you will have access to commercially sensitive and client/candidate information)
- You will need to be numerate, IT literate, very organised, well informed with lots of initiative
- This role will suit somebody that is organized, motivated with a tendency to over deliver and wants an opportunity to be involved in a business that changes people's lives for the better.
- Confidence to make suggestions on how to improve systems, save on costs and increase productivity / efficiency within the role / business.
- You have an interest in personal development, recruitment and building long lasting relationships and assisting the growth and success of others and enjoy ownership.
- Experience of working within a small business in a multi-tasking role
- Numerically confident with an impeccable and flawless writing style - (you will be presenting candidate CVs)
- Open to personal development and emotionally mature
- Able to handle busy and sometimes stressful environments
- Positive, drama-free attitude + enjoys being part of a high-functioning, fun (sometimes remote) team
- Flexibility and availability to work extra hours when required
If you are able to work on your own and also as a member of a small team, enjoy a varied day and want the satisfaction of knowing that your efforts are essential to help the business achieve its goals this could be perfect for you.