£75 basic salary + bonus + prestigious car/allowance: 1st year OTE £100K, Yr 2 £150K
Please only apply if you have a background in business development within security related markets.
A leading quality national provider are seeking a Sales Director to lead their niche business development and bid team whilst also developing their own portfolio of clients drive market share across multiple channels. Manned Guarding + Systems into Corporate, Void and Construction. You will have direct experience of selling security services and an ability to lead a newly restructured Sales team. To succeed in this role the individual will be able to effectively operate in a broad range of environments.
You will be looking to take on a highly visible and influential role which is key to their ongoing success. You will become part of a dynamic and forward-thinking SMT reporting into the board, with a great opportunity to shape their future across a range of services and sectors.
A national role but a relatively easy commute to St Albans, Hertfordshire is required as this is where the majority of clients currently are. You will carry a sales target and lead from the front in developing new relationships.
Managing a team of sales professionals, you will not be phased by ambitious growth plans. We are seeking to engage with a senior leader who can truly design, manage and deliver a growth plan.
What are they asking for?
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of selling into the corporate or construction sectors security sectors including manned guarding and/or technical deployments. You will be highly ambitious and driven, with a competitive approach to multi-channel selling. The candidate should be naturally inquisitive towards the ambition of the company and the candidate will think like a stakeholder and will conduct themselves with integrity and honesty.
- A personable communication style with the ability to quickly engage with and influence others and use creative flair both in presentations and bid submissions.
- Organisation and project planning skills and able to handle challenge and work under pressure.
- Strong commercial and financial awareness particularly in relation to understanding the financial dynamic of existing contracts and the modelling of new opportunities.
- A well-rounded commercial awareness, including experience of managing a budget
- flexibility in leadership and management style along with an agile and flexible work ethic
- Experience of managing and developing an improving business development environment
- An entrepreneurial mind-set, with the ability to spot and seize opportunities
- Relevant examples of conceiving and delivering successful new product / service introductions
- Delivered, or had significant input into, a company’s marketing and directional plan
- consultative selling and negotiation skills, with proven track record of presenting for new business
- Ability to host and attend relationship driven, industry-based forums / networking opportunities
- Implementing, and the use of, a comprehensive CRM system to track growth progress
- Ability to recruit, mentor and manage a team of business development professionals
- Analytical and reporting skills and intellectually robust with the ability to quickly assimilate and prioritise complex information
What are they offering?
- £75K basic salary + bonus + prestigious car/allowance: 1st year OTE £150K Yr 2 £200K
- Private Medical Cover for Employee Enhanced Pension
- 25 days holiday + 2x Annual Salary Life Assurance
- Long term equity options
Key Search Terms:
Business Development Director Sales Security Manned Guarding Corporate Construction Head of Sales