A leading national name in the provision of Security Services and Labour Supply including Manned Guarding, Patrol & responses & CCTV are seeking an experienced business developer to develop opportunities selling into the construction sector.
You will be based in the Glasgow office and will manage a small team of BDMs whilst account managing the biggest clients in the portfolio. This role will suit somebody who is equally happy stepping into a client’s board room as developing a business relationship from scratch.
The company has grown exponentially and now require a business development leader to take responsibility for delivering more sector growth opportunities. The immediate task is to manage the incoming opportunities via word of mouth and portals.
You will be leading a team selling the services into Construction Clients inc.: CCTV, Manned Guarding, Banksmen, Access Control, Cleaning, Waste Management, Mobile patrols and Keyholding.
This company is investing in bid support to assist this role and support you with resources and time to build that pipeline: with a long-term sales strategy in which a polished sales professional will thrive.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £50K with realistic OTE £75K Year 1 and then up to you
- Company Car or Allowance
- Proper Pension + Health benefits
- Existing and interesting client base (for testimonials and reference points)
- Unlimited commission and great career prospects
- A true meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload
What are they asking for?
You will have a track record in selling into the Construction sector with experience of managing a team (or the potential to manage a team).
You will have experience in sales and business development and will demonstrate the ability to manage your itinerary and time effectively, to facilitate a field & office based working environment.
At interview you will prove your ability to build relationships and communicate showing how persuasive and credible you are with the ability to sell concepts and ideas. You will demonstrate your ability to quickly develop rapport and point to examples of where you have overcome barriers to win business.
You could be working for a company like WCCTV, PID, Safergroup, Clearway, or Plant Hire/Hoarding companies such as GAP, Speedy, A-Plant
- Identify opportunities for growth (lead generation) within new + existing clients and execute strategy
- Using appropriate social media to raise brand awareness
- Generate growth by networking, developing relationships, presenting solutions and closing deals
- Lead the negotiation or re-negotiation of sales opportunities
- Retain strong understanding of current operation, competitor position and market trends
- Attend relevant networking events and actively pursue opportunities within the sector
- Develop and convert a sales pipeline that ensures team & personal sales targets are met
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy. If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please contact Alan Corcoran directly rather than applying again.