Our client is a prestigious national supplier of manned guarding and security services. Following a recent contract win they are seeking a Security Manager for a destination client across 2 sites in the London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management and control of the sites’ security operation ensuring the end clients security requirements are met and fulfilled to a high standard and the management of the Security Team and sites procedures ensuring the retention of the contract.
What are they asking for?
We are seeking a security management professional or a candidate who is ex police or military.
You will have a 5-year checkable work / education history (the more straightforward this is the better) and will be able to demonstrate a strong customer focus with a positive and proactive approach.
A thorough understanding of the security issues facing The City of London and Greater London will be essential and experience of any of the following will be desirable: Evacuations, Hostile Reconnaissance, Lock Downs.
Any existing networks within the local services will also be greatly advantageous.
What are they offering?
- £55K salary
- Excellent career possibilities
- Chance to work with a destination client
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the day to day operational management of security officers, supervisors and a team of receptionists
- Safeguarding of company assets to include people, buildings and information.
- Implementation of security policies.
- Undertake security threat & risk assessments.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects as directed by the Client
- Identify practical areas for personal development of the team, which can be implemented in conjunction with the Contracts Manager.
- To lead, manage and motivate direct reports including: goal setting, performance reviews, appraisals, coaching and development planning, and monitor attendance / timekeeping.
- To respond to any facilities incidents or security issues that may arise and to meet/liaise with clients/departments as required ensuring that any incidents are resolved. Ensuring ownership for each incident is clearly defined and escalated as appropriate.
Key Search Terms:
Military Service Risk Management Assessment Incident Management Lockdown Hostile Reconnaissance Building Security
Palmer McCarthy Solutions Ltd is acting as a Recruitment Agency for their client on this role. As specialists in the Security, Property + Sales sectors we are always interested in talking to Manned Guarding + Security Systems Operations Managers/Directors, Sales + Business Development professionals, Corporate Security Officers and those that work in support functions within our client base.