Please only apply if you have manned guarding operations supervisory or management experience.
Our client is one of the leading providers of manned guarding in the UK. Due to a recent restructure and subsequent promotion they are looking for an experienced Security professional who is flexible, motivated and will enjoy the challenge of helping manage a team for a high profile client to drive and encourage to produce the best results.
Reporting to the Site Manager you will assist in running a small static and events team. This is a new role designed to allow the Site Manager to be more client focused: to drive more strategy and development + is integral to the success of the team. This role is ideal for candidates looking to work at an iconic venue where they will help to manage the delivery of day to day operational security as well as at high-profile events.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £38K (pension, healthcare etc., 25 days holidays + BH)
- Excellent career opportunity within a stable national leader that prides itself on the relationship between company and employee.
- 50 hours per week Mon to Fri – Days
- Great opportunity for supervisor/ manager to step up into a career role.
- Great company that invests in its people.
- Iconic venue with variety of activities and loads of overtime potential
What are they asking for?
This role is ideal for candidates looking to work at an iconic venue where they will help to manage the delivery of day to day operational security as well as at high-profile events.
You should have prior experience of supervising/managing a team and a positive customer focused approach to delivering security. Applicants should hold a SIA licence and have proven experience of managing incidents. Prior counter-terrorism training (Project Griffin etc.) is also an advantage.
Your dedication to your security career will hopefully be demonstrated in interview and any qualifications such as ASIS CPP or a Security Institute diploma would be an advantage
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the day to day management of site security at a busy iconic venue.
- Co-ordinate security at events
- Conduct and monitor staff appraisals and encourage further development
- Staff training and development
- Incident management and response
- Safeguarding of various assets to include people, buildings and information
- Assist with the strategic planning of the security function
- Oversee the delivery of control room services
- Cross functional working with the Property and Facilities teams.
- Undertake risk assessments
- Liaise with emergency services when required
- Management of control room services
- Management of 3rd party suppliers
- Do you have security supervisory or management experience (with SIA licence)
- Do you have experience of working in a customer facing role?
- Do you have experience in incident management, evidence gathering and investigation?
Key Search Terms:
Security, Scheduling, Manned Guarding Operations.
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please contact Alan Corcoran directly rather than applying again.