What are they asking for?
A leading name in the provision of Manned Security are seeking an experienced (Security Industry) Contract Manager to be the figure head and focal point for the day to day Security Operations at an international port.
You will be an experienced Security Operations Manager with excellent communication skills and an aptitude for working with the public and leading a team
The Contract Manager will ensure the successful delivery of the Security services to this established client. To secure the assets, the people and visitors to the Port. Services also include search operations on cars, lorries and foot passengers.
It's not essential that you have Port + Harbour experience, but you will be a strong Security Contracts manager with specific knowledge and focus on recruitment and retention of people.
You will be supported by an experienced recruitment and admin team: reporting into the Head of Sector.
- Diplomatic approach in client and team dealings
- Ability and desire to learn different techniques and strategies
- Experience of Port/Shipping security would be benefit, however a strong understanding of recruitment, HR/People Management and core security procedures are vital.
- Team Management
- Ability to develop ongoing mid and long-term action plans. (the sooner you can start the better)
- Managing a team over around 40 Officers, delivering services 24-7/365, across the Port
- working with the management structure to ensure that personnel are equipped with the tools and knowledge to conduct duties.
- responsible for the budget management of this account as well as the training and development of key personnel. You should also be continually evaluating the service delivery and seeking ways to improve the service
- Working closely with the client and team: manage the safety and security of venue attendees, race goers and staff
- Liaison with specialist Police teams and security services
- Maintaining the standard operating procedures whilst ongoing review of all methodology
- Security audits and assessments across the estate + undertake investigations where required
What are they offering?
- Salary to £37 500 K depending on experience (25 days holiday) + bonus
- Career opportunities as this company is bidding for and winning very similar contracts
- A supportive, knowledgeable and professional Senior Management Team.