An established National Manned Guarding group are looking for a Security Area Manager to help manage a portfolio of approximately 26 sites across Essex. A growing co that is developing their management team on the back of substantial wins and investment.
Ideally you will live on patch (Dartford, Basildon, Chelmsford), or within easy reach of the region you will be responsible for. Your main priority is the welfare of officers and operational viability of contracts. Reporting to the Ops Director you will assist in running contracts (mainly retail) and helping to grow the portfolio. You will drive profitable growth through development and leadership of an effective team that operates through delivery of excellent service to Local and National customers; improving efficiency and expanding the portfolio.
To contribute to the effectiveness of the Area team through responsibilities and participation in initiatives that supports the development of the business in the UK.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £32K + company car / car allowance
- Career advancement within a growing company with structured training and development
- Support from hands-on manager + stable environment (no constant restructures here)
- Excellent scheduling team and HR team
What are they asking for?
- You will come from a manned guarding management background (including site management or supervision) or you will have worked client side in a loss prevention capacity/risk compliance role.
- It's important that you understand security issues from a service provider or retail client perspective. It's a given that you will be personable and credible in dealings with team (officers). You will pride yourself on your professionalism and customer focus. This is a great opportunity for an existing Manned Guarding Contracts/Site Manager/Supervisor or Loss Prevention Specialist to work with a great employer and clients and to get onto a defined career path.
- Ideally you will have worked your way up from officer level to a supervisory/management role and will know retail.
- To deliver results that meet or exceed the Business Plan; Budget and Forecasts through full responsibility and accountability for the P&L and effective use of team and support functions
- To build, develop, lead and retain a team of Support Staff and Officers
- Manage a portfolio of circa £3m across circa 30 sites (retail with some corporate)
- Managing + recruiting inc. discipline, absenteeism, appraisals etc. and supporting site
- Site administration to include compliance with the SIA Approved Contractor Scheme
- Regular visits to sites under management including completion of site, welfare visits
- Assignment instructions + ensuring risk assessments carried out (training will be given)
- Providing senior management with statistics e.g. total hours worked, labour cost etc.
Key Search Terms: Contracts Operations Manager Manned Guarding SIA Guard Loss Prevention Retail
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security Industry and acts as an agency for their client on this vacancy.