Loading Bay Security Officer
The Loading Bay Security Officer will undertake duties in the loading bay, controlling the access and movement of vehicles and people into and out of the loading bay. They will report to the Dock Master. Officers will ensure that vehicles and people are properly security screened and authorised, maintaining records of all vehicle movements. They will also direct and control the movement of delivery and collection staff within the loading bay area.
This position will need to be experienced in dealing with drivers and couriers in a professional and customer focused manner.
The Loading Bay Officers will be responsible for the security operation of the Loading Bay entrance and contractor access during their assigned shift. They will report directly to the Dock Master, who will oversee and be responsible for all the duties undertaken in this area.
• Ensure that all vehicles and people entering the loading bay are properly screened according to operational guidelines
• Deal with vehicle drivers in an efficient, effective and professional manner
• Maintain security of people and property in the loading bay.
• Report all safety issues to the Building Security Operations Centre, or Shift Manager immediately
• Report all technical security issues to the Building Security Operations Centre, or Shift Manager immediately
• Ensure that all people in the loading bay are wearing the correct PPE and following safety guidelines
• Carry out searches of areas and people in accordance with assignment instructions
• Provide security escort to all areas of the building as and when required
• Operate in emergencies, evacuations and events that may occur at site
• Field staff, visitor and tenant enquiries.
• Ensure that their uniform is clean and presentable at all times
• Ensure all personal equipment is serviceable and in good working order.
• Possess a current SIA licence
• Possess a valid Traffic Marshall / Banksman certificate
• Security experience
• Logistics experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to understand and follow instructions
• Good attendance
• Good appearance and presentation
• Be responsive in emergency situations
• Be physically fit and be able to spend extended periods on their feet
• Team Player
Company requirements – :
• Security Officer position will report directly to the Dock Master
• Represent Security Provider and their Client in a professional manner
• Provide the highest levels of quality in Security
• Be vigilant to the Health & Safety risks at the site, reporting any such issues immediately
• Be responsive to clients, visitors, vendors and general public
• Commitment to punctuality and support team function
• Read, understand and apply assignment instructions
• Follow delegated instructions
• Deal with conflict in an appropriate manner, if required
• Fully understand the emergency procedures for the building
• Protect and respect any issued property/equipment.
• Be able to carry out shift work.
Security Loading Bay Officer
|Job Title:||Security Loading Bay Officer|
|Contact Name:||John Reader|
|Job Published:||March 28, 2018 14:54|
Loading Bay Security Officer
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Security Site Operations Manager
£40,000 + pension, 25 days holiday
Strategic Business Development Manager: Void Property + Construction Security
up £55,000 basic + car + bonus OTE £80K Yr1
Business Development Manager: Void Property: London +SE
London + SE
up £45K basic + car/allowance + com OTE £70K Yr1
Contracts Manager: Manned Guarding
Leeds + Manchester
up £40,000 basic + car allowance
Business Development Manager; Manned Guarding
South East + East
up £50,000 basic + car + bonus OTE £75K Yr1