Our client is one of the great 12 livery companies in the City of London: following a recent restructure they are seeking a Security Manager to provide a professional, high quality security operation ensuring the safety and security of the Hall, its contents, and all staff and visitors. This is a closed door, low risk prestigious and historic site.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management and control of the sites’ security operation ensuring security requirements are met and fulfilled to a high standard and the management of the security team.
What are they asking for?
We are seeking a security management professional or a candidate who is ex police or military.
You will have a 5-year checkable work / education history (the more straightforward this is the better) and will be able to demonstrate a strong customer focus with a positive and proactive approach.
A thorough understanding of the security issues facing The City of London and Greater London will be essential and experience of any of the following will be desirable: Evacuations, Hostile Reconnaissance, Lock Downs.
Any existing networks within the local services will also be greatly advantageous.
What are they offering?
- £42K salary with a £60K package including 25% contrib pension and free canteen
- Closed door, low risk environment
- Work Life balance: Monday to Friday, 9-5, (overtime or time in lieu for extra hours)
Responsibilities will include:
To protect the assets of the Company, which include people (e.g., members, employees, contractors, visitors, and clients), property, equipment, collection, and importantly Company reputation, from a variety of hazards.
Manage the performance of the security team to a high standard, ensuring they are fully trained and equipped to deliver the highest level of service.
Manage the day-to-day security operation, ensuring that a 5 Star level of customer care and service is consistently delivered to all internal and external customers and that a safe and secure environment is always maintained.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operational management of security officers & supervisors
- Safeguarding of assets to include people, buildings etc.
- Implementation of security policies.
- Undertake security threat & risk assessments.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects as directed
- Identify practical areas for personal development of the team.
- To lead, manage and motivate direct reports including goal setting, performance reviews, appraisals, coaching and development planning, and monitor attendance / timekeeping.
- To respond to any facilities incidents or security issues that may arise and to meet/liaise with clients/departments as required ensuring that any incidents are resolved.
- Ensuring ownership for each incident is clearly defined and escalated as appropriate.
Key Search Terms:
Military Service Risk Management Assessment Incident Management Lockdown Hostile Reconnaissance Building Security
Palmer McCarthy Solutions Ltd is acting as a Recruitment Agency for their client on this role. As specialists in the Security, Property + Sales sectors we are always interested in talking to Manned Guarding + Security Systems Operations Managers/Directors, Sales + Business Development professionals, Corporate Security Officers and those that work in support functions within our client base.