You will be managing and overseeing a full Security Operation over a 24/7 period; managing, utilising and operating all the security related systems required on the contract as well as providing strategic and operational guidance to security officers and ensuring that all the contracts security needs and responsibilities are met you will also oversee all of the contracts financial and operational needs.
Liaising with and supporting all services on the contract, it will be your aim to exceed client expectations, you will respond, support and give operational advice to the client on their needs whilst maintaining a very high standard of security and innovation on the contract. You will also be expected to support the security teams, the supervisors and assistant manager in both their individual and team development.
- You will have full responsibility for the operational and strategic delivery of security to a 67-acre mixed use estate.
- Responsible for P&L for £2.3 million contract
- Identify, review and implement the security strategy for the estate
- You will take personal responsibility in your actions in relation to the both client and company reputationYou must be fully conversant with the layout of the contract, the contracts Assignment Instructions, emergency evacuation and major incident response procedures and ensure that the security officers and teams are kept updated, it will also be your responsibility to ensure that you are fully aware of the current threats and challenges faced by the client, train, advise and update the security officers.
- Responding to all aspects of the contracts emergency responses i.e. Fire and emergency alarm system, you will where necessary act as the command and control for the incident.Develop & innovate training dependent upon the contracts operational needs
- Update and maintain the Assignment Instructions and develop emergency evacuation and major incident response procedures
- Be a visible leader and trusted manager - where possible patrol and support the security team using your own initiative and in response to the day-to-day running of the estate.
- Ensure correct radio procedure and support other users on the contracts radio networks communicating with Security, Estates, Clients and Residences.
- You will ensure that all written records and reporting are maintained & delivered in a correct and timely fashion as well as maintaining records of all visitors and contractors where needed.
- To oversee and maintain training and individual records of all security officers you are responsible for
- Monitor the Fire Alarm systems and pass on via radio or telephone any information necessary for the safety and security of the Estate.
- Report as necessary any Health & Safety issues or other incidents that are deemed necessary following along with any incidents to the emergency services following the correct escalation process.
- Undertake any other duties that are reasonable and necessary to ensure the smooth running of the contract.
- Report any failures or issues to the Operations Manager or in their absence to the Director of Operations.
- The post holder must be in possession of a valid SIA license and have a thorough knowledge of the Data Protection Act 1998 and related legislation.
- You must have and must continue to demonstrate the ability to organise, prioritise and produce results under pressure along with the ability to work within the one team ethos.
- You will be fully conversant with the categorisation of incidents and how to respond, escalate and report in accordance with the requirements.
- It is a given that you will maintain & complete, concise, and accurate written accounts of all incidents occurring within the duty shift and undertake any necessary follow up action as required.
- Fully implement any client threat escalation procedures on becoming aware of any matter that may threaten the security and or safety of the estate, assets and people with legitimate business on the site.
- Abide by the rules concerning confidentiality always, reporting any suspected breaches
- Take the appropriate action to alarm activations, liaising with clients, police and contractors as necessary.
- You will ensure that you keep up to date and comply with legislation relevant to the role.
- Develop and maintain a contract security forum
- Liaise with and maintain a close working relationship with the emergency services and associated partners.