We are currently seeking an experienced Security Officer to work in a small shopping centre, comprising of 50 outlets and a car park in the heart of small market town situated in leafy Surrey.
The role of a security officer within a shopping centre environment requires the successful officer to be well presented, vigilant, friendly and also possess excellent communication and customer service skills as you will be the first point of contact between the general public and tenants (outlets) in the case of an emergency.
- Must hold the appropriate SIA licences which cover the operation and control of CCTV systems.
- Previous experience of working as a Security Officer, preferably from a retail / shopping centre environment
- Self-motivated person who can take a hands-on approach to all tasks
- Must be well presented and of smart appearance at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate both orally and in writing to a good standard.
- Willingness to adopt a flexible approach to working patterns in order to respond to the demands of an office environment. This position may involve occasional evening work.
- Ability to use a basic range of Microsoft applications inc. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Working Hours: 47.5 hrs per week @ £9.01 ph
Rolling Roster: specific working hours to be confirmed, to cover the shopping centres opening hours; hours per week.
|Monday||9.00am - 6.00pm|
|Tuesday||9.00am - 6.00pm|
|Wednesday||9.00am - 6.00pm|
|Thursday||9.00am - 7.00pm|
|Friday||9.00am - 6.00pm|
|Saturday||9.00am - 6.00pm|
|Sunday||10.30am - 4.30pm|
Key Search Terms: Security Officer, Manned Guarding, Shopping Mall, Shopping Centre, Retail and Sia
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.