An established and growing National Manned Guarding are looking for a Security Operations Manager to help manage a portfolio in the Gateshead and Newcastle Upon Tyne patch. These guys are a top brand/employer looking after destination clients.
Working from a local base and reporting into a Contracts Manager, your main priority is the welfare of officers and commercial / operational viability of contracts. You will assist in running contracts and helping to grow the portfolio.
The main purpose of the role is to provide support to Customer's, Site Officers, and Colleagues in the provision of security and business support services within the area.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £26,500K + company car
- career advancement within a growing company with structured training and development
- Support from hands-on manager + stable environment (no constant restructures here)
- Excellent scheduling team and HR team
What are they asking for?
You will be a fully licensed security (manned guarding) professional with operations management experience in a B2B environment. It's a given that you will be personable and credible in dealings with team. Clients will speak highly of your professionalism and customer focus.
This is a great opportunity for an existing Manned Guarding Site Manager or supervisor. The patch consists of only 9 customers across 13 sites (1900 hours) - a great opportunity to step up into a regional role or the client is open to a more experienced individual who wants to look after a smaller portfolio.
You must hold a valid driving licence.
- manage a portfolio including: Managing Agents, Logistics, Corporate, + Educational clients.
- responsible for all Customer and operational colleagues and have a full understanding of the functions covered including - manned guarding, electronic solutions such as CCTV & access control, key holding, post room, reception and general business support
- liaise and meet with customers on a regular basis to review & record contract performance ensure quality standards are consistently maintained, leading to contract retention, including monthly KPIs
- manning levels of contracted, ad-hoc and special events as per customer requirements including, recruitment, screening and vetting with Administrators and Central Support ensuring that sufficient and suitable relief staff are available
- Managing + recruiting including discipline, absenteeism, appraisals etc.
- Site administration to include compliance with the SIA Approved Contractor Scheme
- Regular visits to sites under management including completion of site, welfare visits
- Ensuring that all personnel are properly attired
- Assignment instructions + ensuring risk assessments carried out (training will be given)
- Providing senior management with statistics e.g. total hours worked, labour cost etc.
- Client + eventual P+L management
Key Search Terms: Contracts Operations Manager Manned Guarding SIA Guard
Please only apply if you have ops management experience within manned guarding
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security Industry and acts as an agency for their client on this vacancy.