Our client provides a security and customer care service to one of the most iconic sites in London. Following a recent restructure, they are seeking a Security Operations Manager to provide a professional, high quality security operation ensuring the safety and security of the venue, its contents, and all staff and visitors. This is a highly visible, high footfall but prestigious and historic site.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management and control of the sites’ security operation ensuring security requirements are met and fulfilled to a high standard and the management of the Security Team via 3 Duty Managers.
What are they asking for?
We are seeking a security management professional who has supervised/managed the delivery of a customer care centric security provision for another high profile or corporate site including (Universities, Museums and other tourist attractions).
You will have a 5-year checkable work / education history (the more straightforward this is the better) and will be able to demonstrate a strong customer focus with a positive and proactive approach.
A thorough understanding of the ever-changing security issues facing Greater London will be essential and experience of any of the following will be desirable: Evacuations, Hostile Reconnaissance, Lock Downs.
Any existing networks within the local services will also be greatly advantageous.
What are they offering?
- £50K salary with a work life balance commitment of Monday- Friday 40 hours
- Working in a unique environment with a very loyal client
- Real progression (for those who want it) and the remit to create change
Responsibilities will include:
To protect the assets of the venue, which include people (e.g., members, employees, contractors, visitors, and clients), property, equipment, collection, and importantly Company reputation, from a variety of hazards.
Manage the performance of the security team to a high standard, ensuring they are fully trained and equipped to deliver the highest level of service.
Manage the day-to-day security operation, ensuring that a 5 Star level of customer care and service is consistently delivered to all internal and external customers and that a safe and secure environment is always maintained.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operational management of security officers + supervisors
- Implementation of security policies.
- Undertake security threat & risk assessments.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects as directed
- Identify practical areas for personal development of the team.
- To lead, manage and motivate direct reports including goal setting, performance reviews, appraisals, coaching and development planning, and monitor attendance / timekeeping.
- To respond to any facilities incidents or security issues that may arise and to meet/liaise with clients/departments as required ensuring that any incidents are resolved.
- Ensuring ownership for each incident is clearly defined and escalated as appropriate.
Key Search Terms:
Risk Management Assessment Incident Management Lockdown Hostile Reconnaissance Building Security Tourist Attraction
Palmer McCarthy Solutions Ltd is acting as a Recruitment Agency for their client on this role. As specialists in the Security, Property + Sales sectors we are always interested in talking to Manned Guarding + Security Systems Operations Managers/Directors, Sales + Business Development professionals, Corporate Security Officers and those that work in support functions within our client base.