Home + office based: up to 4 days working from home + 1 in either London or Birmingham office (very flexible)
The client will also consider a part time option (4 days a week)
Our client, an international law firm with more than 1,400 legal professionals and a presence in Canada, the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and South America. They are now seeking a Senior Bid Manager to join their London or Birmingham team and to help drive winning, compliant, profitable work through the sales and tender process.
Joining an experienced bids team, you will help to add value on bid strategy and pricing and to share knowledge and best practice from the team’s experience of putting together successful tender responses, across all areas of the firm.
This position calls for a passionate, collaborative bid professional with a positive outlook, excellent communication, writing, editing, and project management skills.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £65K + + Pension + Health benefits
- 25 days holiday, (35 hours per week)
- Flexi working from home + great career prospects
- supportive and experience senior team
- structured training and personal development
- an organisation that cares about your happiness and believes in the power of teamwork whilst passionate about empowerment
- very flexible approach to agile working and work life balance
What are they asking for?
It’s a given: you are an experienced bid/proposal professional with that mixture of skills that means you can project manage a bid from cradle to award whilst being able to write really persuasive and compelling content.
You will be a natural multitasker whilst creating high-end results + demonstrate in interview the experience or ability to manage all inputs to a successful tender. You will be proud of your stable career history along with your excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts simply and effectively.
Detail-oriented is a must along with strong organizational skills and effective time management and of course the obligatory proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Any legal or estate management sector experience would be advantageous as would formal project management skills such as PRINCE 2. Another bonus would be Shipley knowledge or APMP qualifications.
Responsibilities will include
- Responsible and accountable for the compliant delivery of tender responses in all formats
- Advise the partners and fee earners on bid strategy, sales approach and win themes.
- Prepare and co-ordinate the pricing aspects of the proposal, ensuring compliance and addressing the potential client's needs, with the firms commercial strategy.
- Write/author bid content and produce creative high-quality documentation within required timeframes, drafting 80-90% of the tender response for the partners to review.
- Manage and organise virtual bid teams across the UK and international offices through project management and using the bidding governance model.
- Monitor and communicate proposal progress with the partner(s) throughout a tender process at regular, agreed milestones that link back to the original go/no-go process.
- Coach the partners and fee earners for presentations and interviews with potential clients.
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process, using the operational review process to ensure risk mitigation to the business when work is won.
- Initiate post bid reviews with clients, record lessons-learned, analyse and report key findings on formal bids; instigating improvements as required.
Key Search Terms: Bid Manager Proposals Manager Tender
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter within the bid market and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please feel free to contact Alan Corcoran directly rather than applying again
- 1 Have you worked for less than three companies in the last (pre covid) five years?
- Do you have a strong background in Bid Management?
- Option of 4 days a week
- Normal hours 35 hours per week
- Very real career opportunities