Sales background needed but industry experience not required.
Our client is a multi-million, multi-national group that owns one of the most prestigious names in Manned Guarding in the UK. Due to growth and a multitude of sales opportunities they are seeking an experienced (service sector) sales professional to proactively convert immediate opportunities and then identify, develop and secure new business within the London market (especially managing agents). There will also be an opportunity to cross sell Cleaning servces as well
You do not need a manned guarding background but a strong history of B2B sales within a related service-based industry is a must. The candidate can be based anywhere as long as commutable to the City on a regular basis. This company will support you with resources and time to build that pipeline: they have a long-term sales strategy in which a polished knowledgeable sales professional will thrive.
You will report to the Sales Director and be part of a national team of Business Development Managers and will be supported by a team of very experienced bid writers and graphics experts.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £45K depending on experience with prestigious car/ 5K allowance, unlimited commission and great career prospects
- existing pipeline that needs converting
- Major player with strong client base to leverage opportunities from
- Modern offices in the centre of London: working as part of a large established Sales, Marketing + Bid team
- A true meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload
What are they asking for?
You will already be an accomplished sales professional from the service sector ( e.g. Manned Guarding, Security, Cleaning Facilities Management, Outsourced Services, Reception, Concierge services) or the Security Systems world. Your colleagues would describe you as persuasive and credible with ability to sell concepts and ideas by gaining commitment. In interview you will ba able to demonstrate he ability to forge and maintain relationships over the telephone and face to face. Its a given that you are results focussed with a passion for sales/business development with an innate ability to overcome barriers to win business. You will be expected to quickly learn how to cost an opportunity and develop your presentation skills. Due to the nature of this rol you must hold a valid full drivers licence.
- Identify opportunities for growth within new clients and execute strategy
- Generate growth by keen networking and cold calling to identified clients
- Working with Telesales campaigns to optimise growth
- Achieving financial sales targets across both new and existing clients
- Lead and/or support in the negotiation or re-negotiation of all sales opportunities, working collaboratively with the Bid Team and Finance and within central bid guidelines
- Retain strong understanding of current operation, competitor position and market trends
- Attend relevant trade events and actively pursue networking opportunities within the sector
- Develop and convert a sales pipeline that ensures sales targets are
Key Search Terms:
Security Manned Guarding Sales Business Development Tender Management
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.